IMC – How to File a Complaint to Indore Municipal Corporation?

IMC, Indore Logo
source –

Indore Municipal Corporation (इंदौर नगर पालिका निगम) also known as Indore Nagar Palika Nigam is a local self-governing body of the city area of Indore district of Madhya Pradesh. It was recognised as Municipal Corporation after the 74th constitutional amendment of 1992 and under the legislation passed by the state government of Madhya Pradesh.

The major functions and responsibilities of the IMC are to provide public services like solid waste management, public health & education, gardens & parks, streetlights and roads, sewerage and water supply, and to build the basic infrastructure like markets, approve buildings, provide trade & business licenses, etc.

Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.

Map of Indore City, IMC
Map of Indore City, IMC (

More than 22 Lakh people of 19 Zones and 85 Wards are benefiting and accessing these services of the municipal corporation. If any citizen wants to raise the issues related to these citizen-centric and other civic services of Nagar Nigam then use the citizen helpline numbers and grievance redressal system.


You can register a complaint by calling the toll-free citizen helpline numbers or the emergency control room of Indore Nagar Nigam. Residents can also e-mail or file an online complaint directly to the respective departments of the corporation.

If these complaints are not resolved, you may escalate it or lodge a grievance to the Mayor/Nodal Grievance Officer. Further, approach to the Department of Local Bodies, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.

How to File a Complaint to Indore Nagar Palika Nigam (IMC)?

Citizens can report issues related to the interruption in public services/schemes or non-delivery//low quality works of the municipal corporations in many ways. You can register a complaint by calling, online as well as offline by writing a grievance letter to the Municipal corporation or Mayor of the Indore Nagar Nigam. Let us know more about the available grievance registration mechanism.

Ways to Register a Complaint (Initial Stage):

  • Toll-Free/Office Helpline Numbers (for citizens)
  • Written Grievance Application to Nodal Officer
  • E-mail/Online Grievance Registration System

Authorities For Unresolved/Unsatisfactory Complaints:

  • Public Grievance Cell, IMC (Indore)
  • State Appellate Authority, Dept. of Urban Local Bodies (Madhya Pardesh)

You can use these available complaint registration mechanisms in the initial stage to initiate your grievance. Further, if not resolved by the initially appointed representative officers of the Indore Municipal Corporation then approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of the PG Cell of the Nagar Nigam.

In the final stage, you can lodge a grievance to the State (Nodal Officer) Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Local Bodies under the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Let us know these mechanisms in a detail and the available modes to initiate the grievance.

IMC Helpline Number

The toll-free citizen helpline numbers are operating to resolve the issues related to public services and residents may also use it to complain about the problems pertaining to the civic body services of the municipal corporation of Indore.

Call the helpline numbers of the emergency control room to seek any urgent help or issues related to natural/man-made disasters like fire, flood, earthquake, gas leakage, etc. Use the below helpline numbers to report these problems.

Citizen Helpline Numbers of Indore Municipal Corporation to Lodge a Complaint:

IMC Citizen Complaint Number +917312535555, 18002335522
Toll-Free Mayor Helpline Number 18002331311, +919174311311
IMC Control Room Helpline Number +917440446001
IMC Officers’ Contact Number Click Here
Indore City Helpline Numbers Click Here

On the call, provide your name, address, and description of the problem/issue to the IMC representative officer. After the successful registration of your complaint, ask for the reference number to track the status.

Emergency Helpline Numbers of Indore City:

Emergency/Service Helpline Number
M.P. COVID19 Helpline 104, 1075, +917552704201
We Care For You (Indore) +917312522111
Senior Citizen Helpline, Indore +917312510308
Earth Quake Helpline M.P. 1092
Other Emergency Helpline Click Here

Note – If not satisfied or issues are not resolved, you can call the Madhya Pradesh CM helpline number 181 or WhatsApp/ lodge an online grievance to escalate the grievance to the Public Grievance Cell, IMC and further to the state appellate authority, MP.

Zonal Control Room Helpline Numbers & E-mail

Control Room Helpline Numbers of the 19 Zones of Indore Nagar Palika Nigam for Registration of Complaints and Help from the Zonal Officers.

1. Dr Hedgewar Zone:

Phone Number +917312410120, +917440443412
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 4, 7, 8, 9, 16

2. Lal Bahadur Shastri Zone:

Phone Number +917312410512, +917440443540
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 6, 67, 68, 69, 70

3. Shaheed Bhagat Singh Zone:

Phone Number +917440440068, +917440442232
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 56, 57, 58

4. Maharana Pratap Zone:

Phone Number +917312416852, +917440443401
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 10, 11, 12, 13, 17

5. Chandragupta Maurya Zone:

Phone Number +917312551931, +917440443416
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 21, 22, 28, 33

6. Subhash Chand Bose Zone:

Phone Number +917312532161, +917440443533
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 24, 25, 26, 27

7. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Zone:

Phone Number +917312551310, +917440443332
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 29, 31, 32, 34

8. Chandrashekhar Azad Zone:

Phone Number +917312573355, +917440410074
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 30, 35, 36, 37

9. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Zone:

Phone Number +917312540128, +917440443345
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 44, 45, 46, 47

10. Dr. Shyamprasad Mukherjee Zone:

Phone Number +917312497422, +917440443409
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 38, 39, 40, 42, 43

11. Rajmata Scindia Zone:

Phone Number +917440443511, +917440443343
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 48, 49, 54, 55, 60

12. Maa Harsiddhi Zone:

Phone Number +917312341568, +917440443404
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 59, 61, 62, 65, 66

13. Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Zone:

Phone Number +917312360201, +917440440783
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 74, 77, 78, 80, 81

14. Rajendra Dharkar Zone:

Phone Number +917312483868, +917440443514
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 79, 82, 84, 85

15. Laxman Singh Gaur Zone:

Phone Number +917312381132, +917440443358
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 2, 71, 72, 73, 83

16. Kushabhau Thackeray Zone:

Phone Number +917312411833
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 1, 3, 5, 14, 15

17. Mahatma Gandhi Zone:

Phone Number +917314900027, +917440443350
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 18, 19, 20, 23

18. Chhatrapati Shivaji Zone:

Phone Number +917312404540, +917440443518
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 51, 52, 53, 63, 64

19. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Zone :

Phone Number +917312595940, +917440441832
E-mail [email protected]
Wards No. 41, 50, 75, 76

These are the contact numbers of the officers and control room of the zonal offices of Indore Municipal Corporation. You may seek help for the issues regarding civic and public services within your Wards.

File an Online Complaint

The Madhya Pradesh e-Nagar Palika is an integrated grievance registration system where citizens can file an online complaint to the Indore Municipal Corporation.  For this, visit the link, select Indore Nagar Nigam, fill out the online complaint form, and submit it.

The nodal officer of the respective department will ensure that the registered problems will be resolved within the time limit as per the citizen charter of the corporation. You may also track the status of this submitted grievance.

Links to File an Online Complaint to Indore Nagar Palika Nigam:

Register an Online Complaint to IMC File a Complaint
Track the Complaint Status Track Now


E-mail [email protected]
Mobile App Android | iOS
Social Media Twitter | Facebook

Note If registered complaints are not resolved or not satisfied with the response, you can approach the PG Cell of IMC or lodge an online grievance to the Dept. of Urban Administration & Development by MP CM Helpline Number 181 or CM Jan Seva portal of Madhya Pradesh.


Steps and Instructions with Procedure to File an Online Complaint to Indore Nagar Nigam on Madhya Pradesh e-Nagar Palika Portal:

Online Complaint Registration Form of IMC - Guide
Online Complaint Registration Form of IMC – Guide (
  • Visit the link of e-nagarpalika, MP to open the online grievance form.
  • Select the language and municipal corporation Indore Nagar Nigam from the list.
  • Fill out the required information like the nature of your complaint, the location of the problem, etc.
  • Provide your/complainant’s name & communication address, and attach relevant documents or any supporting evidence/proof.
  • Submit the form and note down the reference/complaint number and use it to track the status.

If your registered grievances are not resolved/pending more than the given redressal period or not satisfied with the action/resolution of nodal officers, escalate it to the higher authority like Grievance Redressal Officer, PG Cell or Municipal Commissioner/Mayor.

Public Grievance Cell, IMC: Lodge a Grievance

The Grievance Redressal Officer/Deputy Commissioner of respective departments and Mayor/Municipal Commissioners are the nodal authorities of the Public Grievance Cell, Indore Municipal Corporation. If your registered complaints are not resolved then you can escalate or write a grievance to these nodal officers with the reference number of previous complaint.

You may write a grievance letter/application to the nodal officer to the official address as mentioned below:

Address: Nodal Officer/Deputy Commissioner, Public Grievance Cell
Indore Nagar Palika Nigam, Shivaji Market, Nagar Nigam Square, Indore – 452001, Madhya Pradesh.
Phone No: +917312535555
Direction: Google Map

Tips After successful submission of application, ask for th acknowledgement receipt for future reference.

If yet not satisfied or grievance is unresolved then lodge an online grievance to the Grievance Appellate Authority, Department of Urban Local Administration & Development, Government of Madhya Pradesh by using the CM Helpline Portal (Jan Seva).

Required Information:

  • Reference/Complaint number of previously registered complaint or acknowledgement receipt in case of written grievance application submitted to the Nagar Nigam.
  • Brief description of the issue with hints of evidennce/ documents/ proofs.
  • Response of nodal officer, IMC (if any).

Helpline Number and Links to Lodge an Online Grievance to CM Jan Seva Grievance Portal, Govt. of MP:

MP CM Helpline Number 181
WhatsApp Number +917552555582
Lodge an Online Grievance Lodge Grievance
Track Grievance Status Track Now

Tips – After successful submission of your online grievance form, not down the grievance/reference number to track the status and for future reference as a proof.

Note If the nature of complaint is very critical/serious but it is pending/rejected by the nodal grievance officer of the state appellate authority or not satisfied with the final order/resolution of the Dept. of Urban Local Administration & Development, Govt. of MP. In this situation, you can seek help from a legal expert to escalate the matter in trubunal/court.

Vigilance Officer, IMC

For the cases or matter related to unethical or corrupt practices/activities of employees/officers of Indore Nagar Palika Nigam, you can report to the Chief Vigilance Officer or Directorate of Vigilance Department, IMC or may call the Police Inspectore for Vigilance or CM Helpline Number, Madhya Pradesh.

To file a complaint to the CVO of Municipal Corporation write to Directorate of Vigilance at:

Address: Directorate/Chief Vigilance Officer, Vigilance Department
Indore Nagar Palika Nigam, Shivaji Market, Nagar Nigam Square, Indore – 452001, Madhya Pradesh.
Phone No: +917312535555
Direction: Google Map

Tips If no action has been initiated or not satisfied with the final resolution, file a petition/complaint to the Lokayukta of Madhya Pradesh with relevant evidence/proof of unethical & corrupt practices of the officer.

Major Civic Issues

The list of major issues related to the civic body services of the municipal corporation of Indore which citizens can raise to the respective departments to get redressal of these problems.

1. Sewerage:

    • Issues relate to gutter/sewerage like overflow, open manholes, or choked pipelines.
    • Leakage, required to repair pipelines, or other proleblems pertaining to the sewerage line.

2. Health:

    • Complaints regarding the tramped pigs, garbage collection of medical/e-waste, or rainwater flooding.
    • Garbage collection, cleanliness of public toilets, to pick up dead animals, or other issues related to health/cleanliness.
    • Complaints related to cleaning drains, dog/animal menance, spread of mosquitoes, etc.

3. Water Supply:

    • Issues regarding the pipeline locakge, impure water supply, or required maintenance of pipelines or taps.
    • Complaints related to water supply in the zones of municipal corporation, new connection, water through tanker, or other water problems.

4. Electricity:

    • Report if required maintenance of streetlights, changes of broken lamps/LEDs or to fix them.
    • Complain if streetlight of entire area is not working.

5. Engineering:

    • Complaints regarding the potholes on roads, invalid/unauthorized constructions, or to repair drains/ chambers/ roads.
    • Reqeust to construct municipal school buildings or roads, and improve/maintenance of streets/ roads/ parks.

6. Revenue:

    • Issues related to hoarding or advertisement bills, removal of temporary encroachment, or illegal recovery collection.
    • Any complaint regarding municipal fee, bills or property tax.

7. Finance:

    • Complaints regarding the payment issues of contractor including pension-related problems of employees.
    • Report tree cutting on the roadside or government land.

8. Gardens & Lakes:

    • Issues regarding to maintenance and beautification of gardens on roads, rattles, and intersections within Indore city.
    • Report tree cutting or pick up the fallen trees.
    • Problems related to lakes & water bodies and to protect these lakes.

9. Building Allowance:

    • Request to allow installation of the tower, work completion certificate, or registration of Architect/ Engineer/ Supervisor.
    • Complaints regarding the illegal colonies, or to control illegal constructions in the city.
    • Any issues related to roadside parking or public parking.

10. Social Security:

    • Complaints related to the issues of the social security pension scheme of the MP government or Indira Gandhi Nation Institute of Pensions.
    • Report any problems with the National Family Assistance Scheme.

11. Transportation:

    • Complaints regarding the BRTS (Indore Bus Rapid Transport System) or BCL and its routes within the city.

Others: Report the issues related to miscellaneous services like RTI, lease department, Swachhta cell, birth & death registration, marriage certificates, market & establishment departments, etc.

Frequently Asked Questions about Indore Municipal Corporation

Q. What is the toll-free citizen helpline number of Indore Nagar Palika Nigam?

A. The toll-free citizen helpline numbers of IMC are 18002331311 and +917312535555 which you can use file a complaint about the civic services of the Nagar Nigam.

Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the officers of Indore Municipal Corporation:

A. You may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell (Deputy Commissioner/Mayor) of the municipal corporation. If yet not resolved or dissatisfied, call the MP CM Helpline Number 181 or WhatsApp +917552555582 to report the issues. You may also lodge an online grievance  by MP Jan Seva (CM Helpline) portal to the State Appellate Authority, Dept. of Urban Public administration, Government of Madhya Pradesh.

Q. How can I apply for the new connection of water supply/sewerage or pay property taxes in Indore?

A. You can visit the Madhya Pradesh e-Nagar Palika portal to access the online urban public utilities and civic body services at a single online window/platform. These civic services includes new water/sewerage connection, application for license of trade/food/commerce, e-tenders, birth/death certificates, buidling approvals, NOCs, etc.

You can also pay various bills/taxes like payment of property taxes, water bills, fees to book auditorium or issue marriage certificates, etc.




Complaint Hub has verified all the information on the post. If you have not found any solution, or information related to your issue, or want guidance to get redressal of any unique problem/complaint then you can connect with us without any hesitation.

You can message us directly from our Contact Us page or mail us at SUPPORT - [email protected]. We will respond to you with the procedure and guidance for your issues to get a faster resolution.

Your Belief is our Trust. Be connected with us to know and become aware of your rights to get the best services.

Read the Terms and Conditions to use the information for any commercial or profit purpose (Don't violate the Terms of Use). All the information is provided for self-help and guidance to know the rights of the common people.