Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation (नगर निगम ग्रेटर जयपुर) is the largest local municipal body local governing body (74th Constitutional Amendment, 1992) responsible for the administration, development, providing various civic services, and management of Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan. The administration of local bodies in Jaipur is divided into Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur and Nagar Nigam Jaipur Heritage.
It is governed by the Mayor and elected members (councillors) of the municipal council who represent the various wards (administrative divisions), and works in conjunction with other state and central government agencies to ensure the implementation of policies & schemes, and smooth functioning within the city. If you have any issues, use the citizen helplines to raise a complaint to the officials of JMC.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
The Greater Nagar Nigam, Jaipur (JNN) is divided into 7 geographical administrative zones and 150 Wards. The total area of the city is 467 sq. km. with a population of nearly 4 million. The proposed number of Wards in Nagam Nigam Jaipur Heritage is 100 come within the assembly constituencies of Amer (1 to 4), Hawamahal (5 to 30), Civil Lines (31 to 54), Kishanpol (55 to 75), and Adarsh Nagar (76 to 100) in the Jaipur Metropolitan city.
The Administrative Zones of Greater Jaipur Nagar Nigam:
|Zone Name||Ward Numbers||Total Wards|
|Murlipura||01 to 20, 25||21|
|Vidhyadhar Nagar||21 to 24, 26 to 42||17|
|Jhotwara||43 to 64||22|
|Mansarovar||65 to 85||21|
|Sanganer||86 to 103||18|
|Jagatpura||104 to 124||21|
|Malvia Nagar||125 to 150||26|
The major responsibilities and civic body & citizen-centric services of JMC are water supply, sewage treatment, solid waste management (garbage collection), roads and street maintenance, urban planning, facilities of public utility, health & education, approval or development of basic infrastructure for trade & public transport in Jaipur city, etc. To get redressal of any issues related to these services, citizens may file a complaint by using the citizen grievance redressal helplines of JMC.
Major Departments and Civic Services of Jaipur Municipal Corporation:
- Engineering: responsible for the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, streetlights, electricity supply in public premises, drainage systems & sewerage lines, and other infrastructure.
- Health: To ensure the public health and hygiene of the city, municipal hospitals/clinics, sanitation, cleanliness in public toilets, hygiene, disease control, and other health services & development of public health infrastructure.
- Education: for the administration and development of basic structures of public schools and other educational institutions like water/electricity facilities, availability of teachers, etc.
- Finance & Revenue: for the financial management of the corporation, including budgeting, accounting, auditing, and revenue collections like assessment and collection of property taxes & other sources of revenues.
- Water Supply: To ensure the supply of clean drinking water, water storage facilities, water tanks, and the management of sewage pipelines in the city.
- Waste Management: for the collection, transportation, and disposal of solid waste/garbages, sweeping on roads, and ensuring the availability of garbage collection vehicles and dust bins.
- Parks and Gardens: for the maintenance and development of public parks & gardens, protection of biodiversity, plantation & removal of trees, and ensuring the cleanliness and availability of plants & trees in gardens.
- Town Planning & Trade: for the planning and development of the areas of the municipal corporation, drafting the regulation of land use, approval of building construction, trade licenses, markets, vendor registration, and other related services of trade & town planning.
- Community Services: for the development and maintenance of public parks, gardens, community halls, citizen helpline centres, health service centres, and other recreational facilities in the city.
- Others – Any emergency services that come under the Jaipur Nagar Nigam like services of Fire, disaster management, etc.
Citizens may report the issues related to these services by registering a complaint to the concerned departments or citizen control rooms of the Jaipur Municipal Corporation. For this, residents may use the toll-free citizen helpline number of JMC or e-mail the designated grievance officer of JNN.
You may also file an online complaint to get faster redressal of the issues. If citizens desire may write an application to the respective Ward office or zonal offices of the Nagar Nigam. For unethical practices or any form of harassment by any officer of the corporation, directly report to the Vigilance Officer.
Note – If issues are not resolved or not satisfied with the final resolution of the JMC officers then you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (Greater) or Jaipur Nagar Nigam (Heritage). Further, you may write to the Deputy Municipal Commissioner of the concerned department or Municipal Commissioner.
How to File a Complaint to Jaipur Nagar Nigam (JNN)?
The Samadhan initiative of Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) ensures that each issue and the problem of the civic body & public services will be resolved within the given time limit. The timeline for various services of the concerned departments is mentioned in the citizen charter.
Complaint Registration Fee & Redressal Time Limit:
|Registration fee||No Charges (₹0)|
|Redressal Time limit||Immediately or up to 30 days (depending on the issues as per the citizen charter)|
To know more, read the important notices of Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur.
If it exceeds or is not satisfied with the administration or delivery of the service then you may file a complaint to the head officers of the concerned departments by the integrated complaint registration mechanism of the Nagar Nigam.
The Ways to Register a Complaint:
- Centralised Citizen Helpline Number
- Submit a written complaint application to the head office/Ward
- By submitting an online complaint (Samadhan)
- Vigilance Office for unethical practices
- Sexual Harassment Cell, JMC – for Women
- Public Grievance Cell, JMC – For unredressed or unsatisfactory complaints
First, you may call the toll-free citizen helpline number of the centralised control room of the Nagar Nigam head office or the contact numbers of the control rooms of concerned zonal/Ward offices of Jaipur Greater/Heritage Municipal Corporation.
Second, if you desire, write a complaint application/letter and submit it to the reception or concerned department of the headquarter of the corporation or respective designated nodal officers of the zonal/Ward office.
Third, residents of Jaipur may file an online complaint by using the e-mail, Samadhan portal, or mobile app. If you are submitting by e-mail then provide your mobile number, name, and description of the issue with the specific location/address.
Fourth, to report unethical & corrupt practices, contact by helpline number, e-mail or write to the Vigilance Director of the Jaipur Nagar Nigam.
Sexual Harassment Cell, Jaipur Municipal Corporation: The employee/member of the corporation who is facing any form of sexual harassment or threat by any officer/employee with the Nagar Nigam office or its Wards, can report to the appointed members of the Internal Complaints Committee of Sexual Harassment Cell for Women, JMC within 3 months of the last incident. You may submit any relevant evidence/proof (image, video, text messages, etc.) against the convict.
PG Cell: Last, If your registered complaints are not redressed or not satisfied with the final resolution/orders of the concerned nodal officers or representatives of the Wards then you should approach the PG Cell, JMC.
For this, you may lodge a written grievance or e-mail to the Public Grievance Cell (PG Cell) (head of the departments) of Jaipur Nagar Nigam with the reference number & relevant proof of the submitted complaint. You may further report the issue to the deputy commissioner of departments or the Municipal Commissioner of Nagar Nigam.
JMC Helpline Number
The centralised control room of the Jaipur Nagar Nigam Greater is set up to resolve public grievances and issues. Residents can use the toll-free JMC citizen helpline number of this integrated grievance system (Samadhan) that operates between 8.00 AM to 10.00 PM.
You may also call the helpline numbers of the control room and offices of the concerned Wards in Jaipur. To submit a successful complaint, provide your contact number, name, address, and description of the issue with hints of evidence to the respective representative officer of the call centres.
Tips – After successful registration of your grievance, ask for the reference/token number of this complaint to track the status and further usage in future as proof.
Citizen Helpline Number of Jaipur Municipal Corporation (NNJ Greater):
|Toll-Free JMC Complaint Number||+911412747400|
|Greater JNN Control Room Helpline Number||+911412742900|
|JMC Officer Contact Numbers for Complaints||Click Here|
Other Important Helpline Numbers of Jaipur Nagar Nigam:
|Septic Tank & Sewerage||14420|
|JMC Officers’ Contact Number||Click Here|
|Injured Bird Help||1962|
|Raksha Snake Help||+919828500065|
Note – If not satisfied with the final resolution or issues are not resolved within the given timeline as per the citizen charter, then you may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur. Further approach the department of Urban Local Bodies, Govt. of Rajasthan.
May be Helpful: JVVNL – Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
Nodal Officers of Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur: Contact Details
Citizens may use the contact numbers, e-mail, and official addresses of the nodal officers (commissioner, deputy commissioner, etc.) of the Jaipur Nagar Nigam (Greater/Heritage) and its zones to write or escalate a grievance if the previously registered complaints (critical/serious in nature) are not resolved.
Tips – Before this, you should file an online complaint by using the public grievance registration portal Samadhan or the app.
JMC Headquarters and Zonal Offices
I. Jaipur Municipal Corporation (Greater), Head Office:
|PBX No.||01412740510, 01412742404|
|Address||JMC Headquarter Office, Greater Jaipur Nagar Nigam, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
II. Deputy Commissioner, Malviya Nagar Zone:
|Phone Number||+911412744697, +918764880036|
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Malviya Nagar Zonal Office, Near Vidhansabha Lal Kothi, Jaipur.|
II. Deputy Commissioner, Vidhyadhar Nagar Zone:
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Vidhyadhar Nagar Zonal Office, Ambabari Samudayik Kendra, Near Ambabari Circle, Jaipur.|
III. Deputy Commissioner, Jagatpura Zone:
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Jagatpura Zonal Office, Kundanpura Samudayik Kendra, Jaipur.|
IV. Deputy Commissioner, Murlipura Zone:
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Murlipura Zonal Office, Murlipura Samudayik Kendra, Murlipura Scheme, Sabji Mandi, Jaipur.|
V. Deputy Commissioner, Sanganer Zone:
|Phone Number||+911412733882, +918764879901|
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Sanganer Zonal Office, Near Sanganer Bus Stand, Jaipur|
VI. Deputy Commissioner, Jhotwada Zone:
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Jhotwada Zonal Office, Samudayik Bhawan, Tara Nagar D, Jaipur.|
VII. Deputy Commissioner, Mansarovar Zone:
|Address||Citizen Helpline Centre, Mansarovar Zonal Office, Gokhale Marg Mansarovar, Near fire Office, Jaipur.|
Mayor and Commissioner of JMC
I. Mayor, Jaipur Nagar Nigam (JMC):
|Phone Number||+911412741424, +918764880001|
|Address||Mayor Office, Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
II. Deputy Mayor, JNN (Greater):
|Address||Deputy Mayor Office, Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
III. Commissioner, JMC Greater:
|Phone Number||+911412742823, +918764880003|
|Address||Municipal Commissioner Office, Nagar Nigam Jaipur Greater, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
IV. Commissioner, Nagar Nigam Jaipur Heritage:
|Address||Commissioner Office, Jaipur Nagar Nigam Heritage, Old Police Commissioner Office, Jalebi Chowk, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
V. Additional Commissioner, JMC Greater:
|Phone Number||+911412744273, +918764880004|
|Address||Additional Commissioner Office, Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.|
These are the contact details of the nodal officers of the respective departments and administrative heads of the Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation.
Note – Before approaching these officers, citizens of Jaipur should register an online complaint or can use the citizen helpline number to get redressal of the issues related to civic body administration & services.
File an Online Complaint
Samadhan is an integrated Public Grievance System of Greater Jaipur Nagar Nigam (JNN) which citizens can use to file an online complaint directly to the respective departments. You may use the online Samadhan portal or mobile app of JMC to submit the issues related to the citizen-centric & local civic services and other problems (water supply, streetlights, drainage, etc.) within your Ward/area.
Links to File an Online Complaint to Jaipur Municipal Corporation:
|Register an Online Complaint to JMC||File a Complaint|
|Track Complaint Status||Track Now|
|Mobile App||Android | iOSx|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
Note – If not satisfied or issues are not resolved within the timeline as per the citizen charter then lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell, JMC Greater. Further to the Commissioner of the municipal corporation.
Follow the steps to submit successfully your complaint via the online Samadhan portal of JMC:
Step 1: Visit the link from the above table by clicking file a complaint to open the online complaint form of the Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation Samadhan portal.
Step 2: Enter your mobile number and verify by OTP to open the form. Fill out the following mandatory information in the grievance form:
- Select Head or Other Office – Select the office where you want to report the relevant issue. Select Head Office to register complaints related to the departments and Other Offices for the issues related to roads, encroachment, waste management, or other Ward/zonal issues.
- Complaint Category & Sub-Category – Select the category of the issue and its sub-category, so the complaint can be submitted to the concerned department.
- Complainant Details – Enter your name, mobile number, e-mail (optional), and address (select ward, zone) where the issue/incident occurred.
- Description of Issue – Provide a brief complaint description with hints of some relevant evidence & location of the problem.
- Upload – Attach the relevant documents, images, or other proof of the incident/issue. You may also provide links to videos or other references.
Step 3: Submit the online form and note down the appeared reference/complaint number to track the status of the redressal of the issue. You may also use it as proof of submission to escalate the grievance to higher authorities if the registered complaints are not resolved or unsatisfactory redressal is provided by the officers.
Citizen-Centric Online Services
Citizens may use some important public utilities and citizen-centric online services of the Nagar Nigam (JMC) to save time & effort and also reduce the paperwork. The services are payment of house/property taxes, registration of death/birth, sewerage/water connection, vendor registration, trade license application, building approval, dog registration, or other major services.
Pay Online Bills/Taxes of JMC (Greater):
|Type of Bill/Tax||Payment Link|
|Urban Development/Property Tax||Pay Now|
|Tender/RISL Fee or EMD Payment||Pay Now|
|Pay Dairy Booth Payment||Pay Now|
|Pay other bills/taxes||Click Here|
Important Citizen-Centric Online Services of Nagar Nigam:
|Type of Service||Apply/Register|
|Dog/Animal Registration||Apply Now|
|New/Renewal of Trade License||Apply/Renew|
|Download Application Forms||View/Download|
For all other online services of the corporation, visit the citizen services section of Greater Jaipur Nagar Nigam.
Public Grievance Cell, JMC
For unresolved complaints or unsatisfactory responses/resolutions provided by the concerned nodal officers of the respective department, Jaipur Municipal Corporation has constituted a Public Grievance Cell where citizens may lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Officers (PRO) of the departments.
You may write a grievance letter to the concerned department or head officer of the Public Grievance Cell of Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur (NNJ Greater). Mention the following information in the grievance application:
- Name, contact number, and address of the complainant.
- The subject of the grievance/issue
- Reference/complaint number of the previously registered complaint (by helpline number, mobile app, or online portal).
- Description of the issues and hints of the evidence/proof
- Reason for unsatisfaction by the resolution/response of officers (if any)
- Attach copies of relevant documents and provide links to images/videos of the incident/issue (if any).
- Keep a copy of the application to yourself for future reference.
Submit this grievance form/application, to the deputy municipal commissioner of the concerned department or for critical/serious issues, to the Commissioner of Nagar Nigam Jaipur.
You may visit the head office to submit the grievance letter at the grievance counter/reception of the office. To submit by post, send it at:
Address: Deputy Commissioner of [Department], Public Grievance Cell
Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Phone No: +911412740033, +911412742823
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
PBX No: 01412741061, 01412740167
Tips – After the successful submission of your grievance application, ask for the acknowledgement receipt as proof of submission from the reception officer or nodal officer of the department. If sent by post, wait for 5-7 days to get the receipt.
Note – If issues are not resolved by the public grievance officers of the respective departments then escalate the grievance to the Commission and further to the Mayor of the Municipal Corporation.
Lodge an Online Grievance
If the issues are not resolved or not satisfied by the officers of the Jaipur Nagar Nigam then you may lodge an online grievance to the Department of Local Self Government (Municipal Bodies) through the Rajasthan Samparak (an integrated grievance redressal portal).
For this visit the portal of Rajasthan Sampark and select the Jansunwai by Ministries, department type, and the department to register a grievance. For further guidelines and steps visit the link below and lodge an online grievance.
Click Out – Lodge a Grievance by Rajasthan Sampark (Jansunwai)
Helpline Number & E-mail of Rajasthan Sampark:
|Rajasthan Sampark Toll-Free Helpline Number||181|
Tips – If not satisfied or serious/critical issues are not resolved then you may approach the established concern tribunal or any legal authority of the government. For this, you may seek help from a legal expert.
Vigilance Office, JMC Greater
The Deputy Commissioner, Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), and Police Inspector of Vigilance are the nodal officers of the Vigilance Department to whom citizens can report the conduct of unethical & corrupt practices by any official member/officer/employee of the Jaipur Municipal Corporation (Greater).
The unethical practices include harassment, threats, bribery, misuse of official power, and any other corrupt practices conducted by the officers. You may call by using the contact numbers of the Vigilance Officers, e-mail, or submit a written complaint application at the official address mentioned below.
Address: Deputy Commissioner of Vigilance, Department of Vigilance,
Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation, Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Bhawan, Lal Kothi Tonk Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Phone No: +911412744343, +918764880028, +918764880057 (Vigilance Inspector)
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Within the application or e-mail mention the issue with hints of evidence (document, image, or link to video of the incident), address where the incident occurred, and name of the complainant (if you desire) or send it anonymously (without the name).
Tips – If not satisfied with responses or no action has been taken by the Vigilance then file a complaint to the Lokayukta of Rajasthan and further you may approach the Lokpal.
Type of Civic Body Issues
The categories and types of civic body issues related to the services of public utilities & administration provided by the concerned departments of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Jaipur:
1. Cleanliness & Waste Management:
- Report the issues if required to remove the garbage or clean dirty streets, related to the waste pick-up vehicles, the sweeper not doing work, drainage/dirty water on roads, picking up the dead animals, required to clean the drains/Nalla, garbage or solid waste in your area.
- Complain to Nagar Nigam if garbage is not collected/picked up by municipal vehicles from home, dustbins are not cleared, delay by the garbage vehicle, or other issues related to the door-to-door garbage collection.
2. Road/Sewerage Maintenance:
- The complaint related to the potholes on the roads, repairing the sewerage lines, covering the open manholes, request to construct new roads or gardens/parks, removing dump of Nalla/drain, cleaning the sewerage pipelines, or other issues related to the construction & maintenance of roads, drains, and sewerage pipelines within the city.
3. Shelterless Animals:
- Report if the number of cows, Bulls (Saand), or other animals increased, or other issues related to domestic animal dairy, shelterless animals (monkeys, dogs, or pigs), etc.
4. Gardens & Parks:
- Complaints related to the maintenance & management of parks & gardens like broken footpaths, no watering to plants/trees, lack of cleanliness in parks, required trimming of trees, building a new park, or issues related to sports/Gym equipment.
5. Streetlight & LEDs:
- Report if found non-blinking traffic & streetlights or sodium lights, daytime light burning, or issues related to broken wires, poles, illegal connection, lights not working in parks, need of switches, required new streetlights, or other complaints.
- Complaints related to the issues of EESL LED lights, ESCO, and JMC LED lights within your area.
6. Illegal Construction, Encroachment, and C& D Materials:
- Report if found illegal construction on public properties, without permission basement construction or road cutting, illegal commercial activities in the residential area or constructing complex, and other issues related to illegal construction activities without any permission.
- Complaints regarding the encroachment on the properties/land of Nagar Nigam, public properties, Udhyan Bhumi (gardens), or report if want to remove the illegal stalls/vendors from roads or slums beside the roads, etc.
- Request to remove the construction materials, Bajri, or other materials that block the road/street.
7. Health & Hospitals:
- Report the issues related to the cleanliness of public toilets like no water/electricity supply, choked or dirty toilets, lack of maintenance, etc. Complaints regarding Mosquitos, fogging, or any communicable diseases.
- Report if doctors are not available at municipal hospitals, lack of availability of medicines & basic amenities in hospitals, issues related to clinics, primary health centres, or other complaints about the hospitals and government initiatives & schemes related to health services.
- Complaint to the municipal corporation if Covid guidelines are violated or required sanitization of the contaminated area.
8. Tax & Revenue:
- Issues related to the payment of property/house taxes, bills of water/sewerage, professional tax, payment for the approval of building or other online/offline payments to the concerned departments of Jaipur Nagar Nigam.
- Any complaint regarding the revenue, planning or license section, lease, trade department, and other financial sections & departments of the Nagar Nigam.
9. Department/Sections & Others:
- Report to the concerned departments about the issues related to the sections of Birth & Death registration, health, NULM, hoarding, Karmik, Kachra Basti, Vigilance, or Malaria.
- Any complaint related to slaughterhouse/meat shops, Covid 19, and other issues with the citizen-centric & local body services of Municipal Corporation of Greater Jaipur.
Frequently Asked Questions about Greater Jaipur Nagar Nigam (JMC)?
Q. What is the toll-free citizen helpline number of Jaipur Municipal Corporation?
A. The citizen helpline number of the Greater Jaipur Municipal Corporation is – +911412747400 and the control room helpline number is – +911412742900 where you can seek help or register a complaint with the representative office.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the officers of Jaipur Nagar Nigam (Greater)?
A. You may escalate or lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell (Deputy Commissioner or Municipal Commissioner) of Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur. Further, you may file an online grievance to the Department of Local Self Government (Municipal Bodies) by the Rajasthan Sampark portal of the Government of Rajasthan.
- Administration Contact List – JMC
- Citizen Help Centres – Jaipur Nagar Nigam (Greater)
- Ward Map – Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur
- Right to Information – JNN
- City Profile – Nagar Nigam Greater Jaipur
- Laws & Rules – NNJ Greater
- FAQs – Rajasthan Sampark