Department of Electricity Lakshadweep is owned by the government of India. Lakshadweep is a Union territory of India. It provides electricity distribution services in UT of Lakshadweep. Many customers don’t know how to lodge complaints about electricity services or apply for a new electricity connection in Lakshadweep. Let’s figure out the procedures to lodge a successful complaint and submission of application for the new connection.
|Table of Contents:
Many customers affect if the electricity supply gets disrupted in their island circle. If you don’t know how or here to register your complaints about electricity services of Powerlak in Lakshadweep, follow the procedures that we are going to tell you.
Use this official information to lodge a complaint about the issues of the electricity services in the Lakshadweep Islands.
Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep Official Details for Electricity Complaints & Services:
|Electricity Complaint Number||04896263709|
|Lodge Online Complaint||Register|
|Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, Powerlak||Lodge Grievance|
|Electricity Ombudsman, Lakshadweep||File Petition|
|Apply New Connection||Apply Now|
|Pay Electricity Bill||Pay Now|
|Online Consumer Services||Click Here|
|Mobile App||Android X | iOS X|
These are Electricity Services Islands of Lakshadweep under the Department of Electricity to Get Services:
How to Register the Complaints about Electricity Services of Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep?
The Powerlak electricity services-related complaints can be lodged in two ways, one is by calling on customer care helpline number and the other by filling an online complaint form on the Powerlak portal. Know these two methods and lodge your complaints to the concerned authority.
Type of Complaints that customers of Powerlak (Lakshadweep electricity) can lodge:
- Electricity Supply outage/Load enhancement or decrement
- The recent failure of Transformer: Sparks, Blast, voltage, or another issue
- Error in bill amount, any other bill issue
- Meter or smart metering issue
- The issue with the New online/offline electricity connection
- Emergency Services, Corruption, or Bribery
- Other services by the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep
Lodge Complaint on Customer Care Helpline Numbers of Lakshadweep Electricity
Customers of the Electricity Department, Lakshadweep can register on the toll-free customer care helpline numbers for electricity services. You can call on these numbers by following the steps to register your issue directly to the concerned department.
Step 1: Click on this electricity customer care number in Lakshadweep and call the helpline number:
Customer Care Number: 04896263709
Click Out: Regional Office Contact Numbers of Lakshadweep Electricity
Step 2: Choose the options on the IVRS number and connect with the customer care executive.
Step 3: Tell your identity, connection number, issue to the executive and register your complaint about the problem of electricity supply or other.
Step 4: Get your complaint reference number in a message on your mobile number.
Step 5: Track the complaint using the reference number until you do not get a resolution.
Trusted Source – Powerlak
Steps to Register Online Complaint of Electricity on the Portal of the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep
You can register an online complaint if your problem is not solved on the customer care number. Follow the steps to lodge an online complaint about the issues of electricity services on the portal of the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep.
Step 1: Click on this link to open the online electricity complaint form:
Visit: lodge an online complaint
Step 2: Fill out the following mandatory details in the online complaint registration form:
- Select your island where the issue is occurring
- Enter your consumer code (Connection number)
- Enter your name in the “Name of Complainant” box
- Provide the location, where the issue is occurring or complaint belongs to that location
- Select the category or type of complaint from the given list
- Enter the verification code that is shown in the above image
- In the final step, Click on the button “File a complaint”
- Note down the complaint reference number to track status (Check status until the complaint is not resolved)
Step 3: Track the status (Complaint may resolve in 3 to 30 working days, depends on this issue), You will get a faster resolution of Electricity supply disruption issues (Immediate or within 24 hours)
If your crucial or major complaint is not resolved, you can approach to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum of the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep under Section 42(5) of the Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2013.
Grievances can be lodged against:
- Responses or resolution of the previous complaint/grievances by the Electricity Department
- The issue is not resolved or unsatisfied response by the Licensee of the distributor in Lakshadweep
The Procedure to lodge a grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) in Lakshadweep.
Step 1: You can lodge a grievance in offline mode by writing the complaint on white paper (A4 size) or Sending an e-mail (send a hard copy to the address of CGRF by post).
Send your grievance letter with attached documents to this address:
Address: The Chairperson, CGRF for Electricity, UT of Lakshadweep, Near Power House, Kavaratti – 682555 (Postal Code).
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone No: 04896-262616
Step 2: Grievance should be written to the Chairperson, CGRF for Electricity
Step 3: Must include the following information in the complaint form:
- Name of complainant
- Consumer Number (Electricity Account Number)
- Postal Address ( Address of Supply connection)
- Mobile Number
- E-mail (Optional)
- Electricity department/office/licensee name against which you want to lodge a complaint (grievance pertain)
- Attach evidence document (optional ) – Must provide if you want to strengthen your case
- No court fee stamp and No fee is required ( No Charges to lodge grievance)
- No Advocate is necessary
- Your complaint will not be accepted if it is already pending in any court or other forum (If you have applied in them).
Trusted Source – To know more about CGRF visit – cgrf forum
If your complaint or grievance is further not redressed or unsatisfied by CGRF, Lakshadweep, then you can approach the Electricity Ombudsman within 30 days of the decision received by the CGRF to you.
Steps to apply your grievance/complaint to the Electricity Ombudsman of the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission of UT and Goa:
Step 1: Download the offline application form from this link to lodge your complaint against CGRF:
Download – Application Form
Step 2: Print the application form that is given below in the pdf file (Print all pages of the application) and fill out the details. You can also submit your complaint in the plain paper but use the prescribed format.
This is the Address of the Electricity Ombudsman where send the completed form with the attached documents:
Address: The Electricity ombudsman for State of Goa & UTs, 2nd Floor, HSIIDC Office Complex, Vanijya Nikunj, Udyog Vihar, Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana-122016.
Step 3: Must attach the following details with the complaint application form:
- Detailed statement or information of your case with fact (supporting document)
- A copy of the case/petition that is submitted to the CGRF with all attached documents
- A copy of the response or order of CGRF
- Don’t apply if you have already approached to Ombudsman for your issue or are pending in court or other forums, or order is already passed by the higher tribunals or courts
- No fee or Charges, No advocate is required
Step 4: Fill out the following information in the application form of the Electricity Ombudsman Office:
- Name of the consumer (Write your name)
- Full Address of the Consumer: Write your address as it is mentioned in the attached documents
- Write Pin Code of your address
- Write your Phone Number (Mobile Number), E-mail (optional), Leave the Fax No
- Provide name and address of department or licensee (Against which complaint is registered (Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep), Write Pin Code
- Name and Full Address of the Forum – Name – Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (Lakshadweep), Address – Provided as above in CGRF
- Particular of Connection and Consumer Number – Write the type of connection (LT/HT) or another subcategory, and your electricity consumer number from your bill
- Write the date at which the grievance is submitted to CGRF (Enclose the 3 copies of CGRF)
- Write the Subject Matter for which you want to lodge a complaint
- Provide the details of the representation (About the detailed information of grievance), attach the extra page if same is filled
- Write the final decision is received or not by the CGRF (Yes/No)
- Nature of relief – Write the type of solution that you want to get from the Ombudsman
- Details if you want to get compensation for any monetary loss
- Enter the details of documents that are attached with the form
- Read the declaration carefully and sign the form (Write the name in the Block Letter below the signature)
- If you want to represent any nominee, enter the details and sign both nominee and you as a consumer.
Step 5: Send the grievance form with attached documents to the above-mentioned address by post or submit it by himself.
Trusted Source – To know more – visit JERC
How to Apply for New Electricity Connection of Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep?
You can apply for an online electricity connection from the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep on the portal of powerlak. you will have to fill out the online application form along upload the required documents.
Follow the steps to apply a fresh or new connection of electricity:
Step 1: Click on this link to open the online application form for a new electricity connection:
Visit: Online New Electricity Connection Form
Step 2: Fill out the application form with the following details:
- Basic Information – Select division, Enter your name, ID proof type (Aadhar UID, Driving Licence, UTL GOVT ID No, Voter ID No.), Mobile Number, Email, and Aadhar Number
- Photo – Upload your passport size photo (below the 25KB)
- Address Details – Provide your residential or address where the connection is required
- Choose the status of the applicant – Company/Owner/Partnership/Tenant
- Ownership Document – Upload the document of your ownership or selected status
- Consumer category – Select the consumer category and phase as per your requirement
- Bank Details – Provide the details of your bank account (Enter only required information)
- Enter the details of Service Connection Premises (Building address) & Other Background information
- Government Accommodation (Quarters) – Tick the box only if you live in a government quarts/house (unless leaving it blank)
- Wiring Contractor Details: Enter the details of your wiring contractor with licence number
- Witness – Provide at least two witness names and address
- Apparatus – Select the Apparatus that is used on electricity and enter their details
- Enter the verification code (Shown in the above image)
- Click on the button “Submit Application”
Step 3: Print out the application form and note down the application reference number. You can use this reference number to track the status of your new electricity connection form.
If you are facing any issue in the new connection process then you can contact the customer care number that is mentioned above in the complaint helpline section.
Trusted Source – To Know More, Visit: Other online services
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Services of Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep
Q. Where should I approach if am facing the issue in application submission of online new electricity connection?
A. You can directly call on the customer care helpline number 04896263709 and tell the issue of new electricity connection submission and also can register your complaints. You can get all the related information on this helpline number.
Q. What should I do if my complaint is not resolved by the department of electricity, Lakshadweep?
A. If you have lodged an online complaint, or on customer care number and did not get the resolution or you are not satisfied with it. You can approach Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum. To know, how to lodge a grievance in CGRF, please read the above-mentioned steps on this page.
Q. What are the documents required to apply for a new electricity connection in Lakshadweep?
A. Required documents to apply for online/offline new connection of Electricity in Lakshadweep are:
- One Identity Proof – 1. Aadhar Card, 2. Voter ID, 3. Driving Licence, 4. Govt ID No., Pan Card
- Ownership Proof – 1. Property Ownership Certificate, 2. Business Ownership Certificate, 3. Certificate issued by the Government
- Wiring Certificate
- Bank Account Details
Q. My Grievance/Complaint is not resolved or I’m unsatisfied with the redressal of the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, What should I do?
A. If your complaint is not resolved by the CGRF or not satisfied with the redressal then you can lodge a petition/grievance to the Electricity Ombudsman, Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission of State Goa and UTs. The details, forms and procedure is mentioned above. Follow the steps to file a petition or fill out the application form.
Q. What type of complaints of electricity services by the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep can I register and where can lodge these complaints?
A. Customer of Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep can register complaints about these issues:
- No Power Supply
- The issue in Electricity Bill
- Service Line is Broken/Cut
- Tree/Coconut Bunch/Coconut leaf on the service line
- Service Wire is in the dangerous condition
- Transformer failure
- Loose Connection
- LampPost is in fallen/Broken Condition
- Earth leaking – Attend
- Cut out complaint
- Aerial complaint found
- No picking load
- No light due to poor voltage/ High voltage
- not all phases supplying in 3 phases
- Emergency accidents
For all these issues you can call on the customer care helpline number 04896263709 and can register your complaint. You can also lodge an online complaint on the portal of the Department of Electricity, Lakshadweep (Powerlak), for it you can follow the procedure that is mentioned above on this page.
[If you have any query, complaint, or issue regarding the department of electricity, Lakshadweep, you can contact us on our support e-mail or by sending a message from the contact us page.]