Lucknow Municipal Corporation (लखनऊ नगर निगम) is an urban local government body, governed by the Uttar Pradesh Municipal Corporation Act, 1959 and works under the 74th Constitutional Amendment Act of 1992. LMC is a governing body of Lucknow city, the capital of Uttar Pradesh.
The administration of the municipal corporation is divided into 10 zones and 110 Wards. The total area of Lucknow city is about 631 sq. km. with a population of more than 3 million. Each zone is further divided into Wards. The members of the municipal council are elected from these Wards. Citizens may register complaints to LMC for any issue pertaining to their wards/zones.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
The List of Administrative Zones & Wards of Lucknow Nagar Nigam (LNN):
- Zone 1, Lalbagh:
- Wards – Gola Ganj Pirjaleel, Maulvi Ganj, Babu Banarshi Das, Mahatma Gandhi Ward, Hazratganj-Ramtirth Ward, Lalkunwa, and Vikrmaditya Ward.
- Wards – Yadunath Sanyal Ward, Rani Lakshmi Bai Ward, Ram Mohan Rai, Jagdish Chandra Bose Ward, Mashk Ganj Ward, Basheeratganj- Ganeshganj, and Nazarbag.
- Zone 2, Aishbagh:
- Wards – Rajaji Puram, Hardin Rai Ward, Malviya Nagar, Kunwar Jyoti Prasad Ward, Ambedkar Nagar, and Labour Colony.
- Wards – Rajendra Nagar, Aishbagh Ward, Yahiya Ganj, Chandra Bhanu Gupa-Motilal
Nehru, Tilak Nagar- Kundri Raqabganj, and Raja Bazar.
- Zone 3, Kapurthala:
- Wards – Ayodhya Das Ward 1 & 2, Daliganj-Niralanagar, Mankameshwar, Kadam Rasool Ward, Begum Hazrat Mahal Ward, Faizullahganj 1, and Mahanagar.
- Wards – Ali Ganj, Lala Lajpat Rai Ward, Faizullahganj 3, Vivekanand Puri Ward, Faizullahganj 2, Bhartendu Harish Chandra Ward, Jankipuram Ward No. 1 & 2, Jai Shankar Prasad Ward, Faizullahganj 4, and Triveni Nagar Ward.
- Zone 4, Gomti Nagar:
- Wards – Rajiv Gandhi II, Colvin College-Nishantganj, Chinhat 2, and Rafi Ahmad Kidwai Ward.
- Wards – Paper Mill Colony Ward, Chinhat 1, Gomti Nagar, and Rajiv Gandhi 1.
- Zone 5, Alambagh:
- Wards – Sarojni Nagar Ward Part 1, Babu Kunj Bihari, Chitrgupt Nagar, Gurunanak Nagar, and Om Nagar.
- Wards – Geeta Palli Ward, Sarojni Nagar 2, Keshri Kheda Ward, Ramji Lal Nagar- Sardar Patel Nagar, and Guru Govind Singh.
- Zone 6, Niwazganj:
- Wards – Amberganj, New Haidarganj 1, Maulana Kalbey Abeed Ward-II, Mallahi Tola 1, Alam Nagar, Daulat Ganj, and Asharfa Bad.
- Wards – Sheetla Devi Ward, Kanhaiya Madhopur 1, New Haidarganj 2, Gadi Pir Khan Ward, Maulana Kalbey Abeed Ward I, Bala Ganj, and Kashmiri Mohlla Ward.
- Wards – Mallahi Tola 2, Husaunabad, Acharya Narendra Dev Ward, Sadatganj, Kanhaiya Madhopur 2, Chowk Kali Ji Bazar, New Haidarganj 3, and Bhawani Ganj.
- Zone 7, Indira Nagar:
- Wards – Lal Bahadur Shastri Ward 1 & 2, Shankarpurwa 3, Babu Jagjeevan Ram, Ismailganj Ward 2, and Mauthli Sharan Gupt Ward.
- Wards – Indra Priydarshani Ward, Ismailganj Ward 1, Shankarpurwa 2, Lohiya Nagar, Saheed Bhagat Singh Ward, and Shankarpurwa 1.
- Zone 8, Bangla Bazaar:
- Wards – Kharika 1 & 2, Sharda Nagar Ward 1 & 2, Vidyawati 2 & 3, and Hind Nagar.
- Wards – Raja Bijli Pasi 1 & 2 and Ibrahimpur Ward 1& 2.
The primary responsibilities of the Lucknow Nagar Nigam are the development & maintenance of public infrastructure, facilitating public utilities, and citizen-centric & civic services in Lucknow. Residents of Lucknow city may use the citizen helplines of LMC to report problems related to these services.
List of Civic Services of Lucknow Municipal Corporation:
- Cleanliness, Sanitation, and Solid Waste Management
- Public Administration, Development Projects, and Town Planning
- Water Supply, Sewerage, and Drainage Management
- Road Maintenance, Public Works, Electrical (Streetlights), and Transportation
- Medical Care, Public Health, Hospitals, and Disease Control
- Disaster Management, Fire Cell, and Emergency Services
- Building Permits, E-governance (Certificates & Approvals), and Regulations
- Property Tax Collection, and Bills
- Garden, Public Parks and Tree Plantation Management
- Cemetery and Cremation Services, Community Halls, and Social Welfare Schemes
If citizens have any problem related to these citizen-centric and civic body services of the Lucknow Municipal Corporation then register a complaint using the toll-free helpline numbers, WhatsApp number, and e-mail of the Nagar Nigam. You may also call the centralised emergency control room of the LMC Head Quarter or Zonal Offices.
Residents may also file an online complaint directly to the nodal officers of respective departments of Lucknow Nagar Nigam. For this, use the integrated online complaint registration portal or LMC mobile app.
Note – If complaints are not resolved or not satisfied with the final resolution/order, escalate or lodge a grievance to the Nodal Officer of Public Grievance Cell, LMC. Further to the designated appellate authorities of the municipal corporation.
How to File a Complaint to Lucknow Municipal Corporation?
The Lucknow Nagar Nigam has an integrated complaint registration mechanism which consists of a centralised call centre, online grievance portal, and social accounts. Citizens have various options which they can use to file a complaint about the services of the civic body, public utility facilities (roads, water, streetlights, etc.), and other citizen-centric & e-governance services.
Complaint Registration Fee and Redressal Time Limit:
|Registration Fee||No Charges (₹0)|
|Redressal Timeline||Immediately or up to 25 days (depending on the issues as per the citizen charter)|
To know more about the time limit for the redressal of complaints, read the citizen charter of Lucknow Municipal Corporation.
Ways to Register a Complaint:
- Centralised Citizen Helpline Numbers – Toll-Free Numbers and HQ/Zonal Control Room Number
- Written Complaint Application to Lucknow Municipal Corporation
- Online Complaint Registration – E-mail, WhatsApp, and Portals.
- Public Grievance Cell, LMC – for unresolved grievances.
- Vigilance Officer, LMC – to report unethical & corrupt practices of LMC officers
- Sexual Harassment Cell for Women, LMC – For employees of the municipal corporation.
You may use these ways to file a complaint to the concerned departments of the Municipal Corporation. If your registered or submitted complaints are not resolved then you may escalate them to the higher nodal officers of the respective departments of the corporation or zonal offices.
Note – If not satisfied or your complaints are not resolved within the given time limit, may lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal Office (GRO), Public Grievance Cell, LMC and further to the State Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Development, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
LMC Helpline Number
The centralised toll-free citizen helpline numbers, WhatsApp, and emergency control room helpline numbers are provided by the Lucknow Municipal Corporation. Residents of the city can use these official numbers to register complaints related to any problem of the civic body services within Wards/Zones.
Provide the Following Information to the Representative Officer:
- Name, Address, and Contact Details (Mobile Number, E-mail, etc.).
- A brief description of the problem related to municipal services.
- Details of evidence/proof (if any).
- The location where the issue occurred.
- Other details related to the issue (if asked).
Citizen Helpline Numbers of the Lucknow Nagar Nigam (LMC) to File a Complaint:
|Toll-Free Citizen Complaint Number||1533|
|LMC Helpline Number||+915222289782, +915222289783|
|Sewerage & Septic Tank Helpline Number||14420|
|LMC Officers’ Contact Number||Click Here|
After successful registration of your complaint, ask for the reference/token number to track the status and for future usage as proof of submission.
WhatsApp Number of Lucknow Municipal Corporation to Lodge a Complaint:
|LMC Department/Service||WhatsApp Number|
|LMC WhatsApp Helpline||+919151055672, +919151055673|
|SafaiMitra Surksha Helpline||+916389300137|
|LMC Office Contact Numbers||Click Here|
Note – If registered complaints are not resolved (within the timeline as per the citizen charter) or not satisfied with the final order/redressal of the problem then you may escalate a grievance to the Nodal Officer of Public Grievance Cell of the respective department.
Further, write to the Deputy Commissioner or Commissioner of Nagar Nigam. Read more from the section below.
File an Online Complaint
The integrated online grievance registration system (IGRS) of the Lucknow Municipal Corporation ensures the faster and more transparent redressal of complaints related to the Citizen-Centric and Local Civic Body services within the city of Lucknow. You can file a complaint directly to the respective departments of Nagar Nigam by online portal, e-mail, or LMC/LKO smart city mobile app.
The Ways to Register an Online Complaint:
- By LMC Online Complaint Registration Portal
- By Lucknow Smart City Grievance Portal
Links to File an Online Complaint to Lucknow Nagar Nigam:
|Register an Online Complaint to LMC||File a Complaint|
|Track the Complaint Status||Track Now|
|Lodge an Online Complaint (IGRS LMC)||Register a Complaint|
|Track Grievance Status (IGRS LMC)||Track Now|
|Mobile App||Android | iOSx|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
Note – If your registered complaints are not resolved within the given time limit or not satisfied with the final order then lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell, LMC and further to the State Appellate Authority by Jansunwai Smadhan, Uttar Pradesh.
Follow the instructions and steps to lodge an online complaint to the concerned nodal officer of the respective departments of Nagar Nigam:
- Visit the link given in the table above to file an online complaint to Lucknow Municipal Corporation and open the online complaint form.
- Fill out the following mandatory information in the online grievance form of LMC:
- Applicant Details – Enter your name, mobile number, and e-mail.
- Complaint Details – Select the category of the complaint and the related department. Provide a brief description of the issue with hints of evidence/proof, and a list of attached documents.
- Complaint Location – Enter or select the location where the issue occurred.
- Attachments – Upload the relevant documents, images, links of videos, or other proof.
- Submit the online form and note down the reference/grievance number of registered complaints for future usage.
To track the status of the registered grievance, visit the link from the table above and enter the grievance number of the submitted complaint. If not resolved or got an unsatisfactory response, lodge a grievance to the Nodal Grievance Redressal Officer of the municipal corporation.
Some major citizen-centric online services under the e-governance initiative of the municipal corporation:
|Birth/ Death/ Caste/ Domicile Certificate||Apply Now|
|E-tender, Lucknow Nagar Nigam||Apply Now|
|Download Offline Application Forms||View/Download|
|Other E-Services in Lucknow City||Click Here|
Pay Online Bills/Taxes to Lucknow Municipal Corporation:
|Type of E-payment||Payment Link|
|Pay House Tax||Pay Now|
|Pay Water Bill||Pay Now|
|Pay UPPCl Electricity Bill||Pay Now|
|Other e-payments||Click Here|
For more details, you may visit the link from the table above to check all online services for the citizens of Lucknow city.
Public Grievance (PG) Cell, LMC: Lodge a Grievance
It is very common that if any person files a complaint to the concerned departments about the issues pertaining to civic and public services of the municipal corporation but these registered complaints are not resolved within the given time limit or provide an unsatisfactory or improper resolution/redressal for these citizen-centric specific problems.
Many citizens don’t know where should they go for the irresponsible actions of the employees/officers of the Lucknow Municipal Corporation. So, if any person is facing such problems then you may escalate the previous complaint or lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal Officer (GRO) of the Public Grievance Cell, LMC.
Tips – Citizens may also file an online grievance by Jansunwai UP, Smadhan Portal to the PG Cell, LMC and further to the State Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Development, Government of Uttar Pradesh. For this, visit the link below.
Register a Grievance – Lodge an Online Grievance, Janusnwai UP
You may also write a grievance letter/application to the GRO Officer of the PG Cell or designated nodal officer (Deputy Commissioner or Municipal Commissioner) by providing the following information:
- Complainant/your name, contact number, and communication address.
- The subject of the unresolved/unsatisfactory complaint
- Reference/grievance number of the previously registered complaint.
- Description of the grievance/issue with reference to evidence/proof and attached documents.
- Attach a copy of the response to the previous complaint (if any).
- Attach copies of relevant documents and images or links to videos of the incident (if any).
Keep a copy of the application to yourself. Submit the grievance form to the head of the respective department or grievance counter of the Head Quarter of Lucknow Nagar Nigam. You may also send it by speed post.
Official contact details and postal address of the Lucknow Municipal Corporation:
Address: Nodal Grievance Redressal Officer (Deputy Commissioner), PG Cell
Public Grievance Cell, Lucknow Nagar Nigam, Triliknath Road, Lalbagh, Lucknow – 226001.
Phone No: +915222289782
E-mail: [email protected]
After successful submission, ask for the acknowledgement receipt from the officer as proof of submission and for future reference.
Note – If not satisfied with the final order/resolution of the GRO, PG Cell or the grievance is not resolved then escalate this grievance by Jansunwai UP Portal to the Nodal Appellate Authority of Department of Urban Development & Local Bodies, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Tips – If not resolved or not satisfied with the final order of State Appellate Authority, Govt. of UP but the matter/case is very serious/critical, then seek help from a legal expert to approach the higher legal authorities (tribunal/courts).
Vigilance Office, LMC
In Lucknow Municipal Corporation, the Directorate/Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) is the nodal officer of the Vigilance Department to conduct the investigation against the employee/officer of the municipal corporation for unethical or corrupt practices.
You may call, e-mail or write a complaint to the Police Inspector of Vigilance, Anti Corruption Organization of Lucknow Unit, Uttar Pradesh or the Chief Vigilance Officer of Nagar Nigam.
|Police Anti Corruption, Lucknow Unit|
|Helpline Number||+919454402494, +919454402484|
|[email protected], [email protected]|
Report any form of unethical practices like corruption, harassment, misuse of official powers, giving favour for personal interest, or other corrupt activities by writing a letter anonymously (without revealing your identity) or with personal contact details to the Head Quarter of the Nagar Nigam.
Address: Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO)/Deputy Commissioner,
Vigilance Department, Lucknow Nagar Nigam, Triliknath Road, Lalbagh, Lucknow – 226001, Uttar Pradesh.
Phone No: +915222289782
E-mail: [email protected]
Tips – If not satisfied or no action has been taken by the designated Vigilance & Anti Corruption Officers then you may file a complaint or petition to the Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh and escalate this case.
Sexual Harassment Cell for Women, LMC
If you are an employee/officer or official member of Lucknow Nagar Nigam and facing any form of sexual harassment by members/officers/employees of the municipal corporation then you can report it to the Internal Complaints Committee of Sexual Harassment Cell for Women.
The complaint must be submitted within 3 months after the last such incident within the written application or as prescribed by the committee. You can submit a video, image, text, witness, or other relevant proof to the appointed nodal officer.
Tips – If no action has been taken then you may approach the U.P. State Commission for Women and further to the National Commission for Women. Further, you may take legal action with the help of a legal expert.
Issues That Can Be Resolved
The list of common issues related to the citizen-centric, facilities of public utility, and civic body services of the municipal corporation of Lucknow. You may register a complaint related to these issues.
1. Cleanliness, Health, and Waste Management Related:
- Public toilets
- Public Hospitals & Clinic
- Public Health & Diseases
- Garbage collection
- Wastes/garbage on road/open place
- Garbage Vehicles
- Sweeping roads
- Cleanliness of streets
- Open defecation
- Burning of garbages
- Non-availability of dustbin
- Required spaying/fogging
- Other related to cleanliness & wastes
2. Water, Sewerage, and Drainage Related:
- No water supply
- Polluted/ contaminated water
- Pipeline leakage
- Choked drainage line
- Repair the chamber
- Open manholes/chamber
- Choked Sewerage pipeline
- Other issues
- Non-burning streetlight
- Daytime burning of light
- Handing cables
- Request for new streetlight
- Broken switches of light
- Other streetlight issues
4. Stray Animals:
- Report stray animals (Cow, Bull, etc.)
- Pick up any dead animals
- Rabies dog related
- Increased numbers of dogs
- Encroachment on public properties
- Illegal hoarding, stalls on the road
- Illegal footpath/road cover
- Encroachment of slum area
- Other related to encroachment
6. Construction & Maintenance of Roads:
- Increase the size of the road
- Construction of new roads
- Request to repair public roads
- Potholes on roads
- Low-quality work
- Other related complaints
7. Garden & Parks:
- Report illegal tree cutting
- Issues related to Parks
- Plantation in garden
- footpath in garden
- Availability of equipment
- Trimming of trees
- Non-availability of garden staff
- Other issues related to garden/ park
8. Tax Department:
- Mutation related issues
- Assessment of house tax
- Property/house tax related
- Other bills/tax payments
- Report for no zebra crossing
- Non-visibility of red light
- Broken dividers
- Potholes on roads
- No Traffic Signs
- No reflector on roads
- Water flow on roads
10. Air Pollution Related:
- Garbage dump in public land
- Overflowing dustbin
- Burning of plastic, leaves, etc.
- Malba on dumping land
- Unpaved roads
- Fire in the landfill site
- Road dust
- Industrial pollution
- Smoke emitted from industries
- Other air pollution complaints
Others: Complaints related to covid management, municipal schools, basic infrastructure development in the city, and various other services provided by the Lucknow Nagar Nigam in the metropolitan city.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lucknow Municipal Corporation
Q. What is the toll-free citizen helpline number of Lucknow Nagar Nigam?
A. The toll-free citizen helpline number of Lucknow Municipal Corporation is 1533, +915222289782 and the WhatsApp number is +915222289782, which you can use to register a complaint.
Q. Where can I register a complaint about the Corruption practices of LMC officers?
A. You can call or e-mail the Lucknow Unit of Anti-Corruption Organization (ACO), Uttar Pradesh Police or report the Chief Vigilance Officer of the Vigilance Department, Lucknow Nagar Nigam. The complaint helpline number & e-mail of ACO are +919454402494 and [email protected].
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the officers of Lucknow Municipal Corporation?
A. You may lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal/Nodal Officer of Public Grievance Cell, Lucknow Nagar Nigam. If not resolved or not satisfied with the response, escalate or file an online grievance by Jansunwai UP – Samadhan portal to the Nodal Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Development & Local Bodies, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Helplines – Lucknow Nagar Nigam
- Ward Information – LMC
- Lucknow Nagar Nigam Acts
- Lucknow Municipal Corporation – Smart City, Lucknow
- Lucknow Smart City
- Anti-Corruption Organization – UP Police
- National Commission for Women