Nagpur Municipal Corporation (नागपूर महानगरपालिके) is a self-governing local body of the second capital city Nagpur of Maharashtra. It was established in 1864 as a Municipal Council of Nagpur to maintain cleanliness, and provide water supply & streetlight facilities in the city with government assistance, but in 1951 it became the Municipal Corporation. Now, NMC is governed by using the provisions of the City of Nagpur Corporation Act, 1948 (CNC Act).
CNC Act, of 1948 empowers the Nagpur Municipal Corporation to ensure the availability of basic urban/civic services for the citizens of Nagpur and 74 the Constitutional Amendment of 1992 includes the functions & responsibilities of the administration of the city as a local government.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
NMC is divided into 10 administrative zones within Nagpur city. The total area of the city is nearly about 217.65 sq. km. with a population of about 3 million. Each zone is further divided into Wards. The Council of Members consists of the elected members who participate in the administration of the Corporation (Mayor of NMC, head of the Wards, etc.). Citizens may raise grievances to these authorities if any problems are not resolved by the officials.
The Administrative Zones of Nagpur Municipal Corporation:
- Lakshmi Nagar:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 16, 36, 37, and 38.
- Dharam Peth:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 12, 13, 14, and 15.
- Hanuman Nagar:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 29, 31, 32, and 34.
- Ward/Prabhag No. 17, 33, and 35.
- Nehru Nagar:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 26, 27, 28, and 30.
- Gandhi Bagh:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 18, 19, 22, and 8.
- Ward/Prabhag No. 20, 21, 5, and 8.
- Ward/Prabhag No. 23, 24, 25, and 4.
- Ashi Nagar:
- Ward/Prabhag No. 2, 3, 6, and 7.
- Ward/Prabhag No. 1, 10,11, and 9.
Some citizen-centric and civic body services of the corporation include water supply, waste management, sewerage, streetlights, slum improvement, cleanliness, gardens & parks management, land use planning, roads & drainage constructions, providing primary health (hospitals, clinics, etc.) and education (schools) facilities, etc. If you have any issues with these services then register a complaint by using the citizen helplines of the corporation.
For the efficient and faster delivery of the various government services, NMC coordinates with different governing bodies, departments (NIT, MSRTC, Traffic Police, etc.), and state & central governments.
Departments and Civic Services of the Nagpur Mahanagar Palika:
- General Administration (GAD) – To ensure the functioning of the city and draft & implement public & other policies of the municipal corporation with the faster delivery of public services.
- Solid Waste Management– For collection, management, and disposal of garbage and solid waste in the city including door-to-door waste collection and ensuring cleanliness on the public roads.
- Education – For providing the basic infrastructure and facilities within the primary and municipal schools & vocational training centres like water, maintenance of buildings, electricity, availability of teachers, etc.
- Public Health – To manage the municipal hospitals and primary health centres, cleanliness of the public toilets, disease control initiatives, Covid management, etc.
- Public Work & Engineering – For the construction and management of public properties and engineering works of infrastructure development like water supply, sewerage, drainage maintenance, road & street construction and maintenance, etc.
- Tax, Accounts and Finance – To manage the revenue and expenditure of the municipal corporation and also collect various taxes like property, professional, and other land or building approval fees, etc.
- Electrical – For maintenance of the streetlight, electricity facilities in municipal buildings, public properties that come under the corporation, municipal colonies, etc.
- Environment & Garden: To protect the environment & biodiversity and management of water bodies like lakes, forests of the city, and zoological parks, etc. The department of Gardens manages municipal parks & gardens like trimming trees, plantations, tree cutting, etc.
- Social Welfare – It drafts and implements the social welfare schemes of the municipal corporation and other government bodies like state & central sponsored schemes (PM Awas Yojana, PDS (public distribution system), etc.).
- Fire, and Other Emergency: To protect from any accident or disaster of fire within the city. The disaster management wing protects from natural and man-made disasters in the city, including floods, fires, earthquakes, etc.
If any resident of Nagpur is facing issues with these civic bodies & citizen-centric services of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation then register a complaint to the concerned departments by using the toll-free citizen helpline numbers of the NMC. You may also file a complaint by using the centralised control room helpline numbers (for emergencies) of the Head Quarter of Nagpur Mahanagar Palike or its Zonal/Ward offices.
Citizens may also file an online complaint through the centralised online Grievance Management portal or the NMC mobile app of the corporation. You may also write or e-mail the nodal officers of the respective departments or the Zonal Office of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
Tips – Finally, if the registered complaints are not resolved within the given timeline (as per the citizen charter) or not satisfied with the final order then you may escalate or lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal Officer (GRO) of the Public Grievance Cell, Nagpur Mahanagar Palika (NMC). To get more details, read below.
How to File a Complaint to Nagpur Municipal Corporation?
Many residents of Nagpur Metropolitan city have to face a lot of issues with the public utility facilities, and citizen-centric and civic body services of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation. To redress and resolve these critical and common problems, Nagpur Mahanagar Palika has an integrated citizen grievance registration and monitoring system.
It ensures the faster and more transparent delivery of municipal services & information with the initiatives of e-governance & good governance. The grievance redressal system includes helpline numbers, the online NMC portal, e-mail, and NMC mobile app.
The Complaint Registration Fee and Redressal Time Limit:
|Registration Fee||No Charges (₹0)|
|Redressal Time Limit||Immediately or up to 30 days (depending upon the issues as per the citizen charter, NMC)|
To know more about the timeline of various services & designated officers, read the Citizen Charter (नागरिकांची सनद) of the Nagpur Mahanagar Palika (NMC).
The timeline for various services & redressal of the issues is provided in the citizen charter of the municipal corporation. If it exceeds or is not satisfied with the response, you may use any method as mentioned below to register your complaint to the nodal authorities.
The Ways to Register a Complaint:
- Citizen Helpline Number, NMC
- By Registering an Online Complaint
- A Written Complaint Application/Letter
- Public Grievance Cell, NMC – If not resolved
- Vigilance Office, NMC – for unethical & corrupt practices by any officials.
- Sexual Harassment Cell, NMC – Any women employee/member of NMC can report to the cell.
First, Citizens may use the toll-free citizen helpline number or call the helpline numbers of the emergency control room of the zonal offices or the centralised head office of the Municipal Corporation. You may also WhatsApp your concerns on the given chatbot numbers.
Second, Residents can use the citizen grievance registration portal and mobile app to file an online complaint directly to the respective departments of the Nagpur Mahanagar Palika. You may also track the status to know the actions taken by the officials.
Third, You may write a grievance application to the nodal officer of your Zonal head office or the head officer of the respective department in the headquarter of Nagpur Municipal Corporation. Citizens may also e-mail the issues by providing their name, phone number, address, subject of the issue and description with copies/images of the evidence/proof.
Fourth, If you want to report any unethical & corrupt practices (bribery, harassment, etc.) or activities (misuse of power, threatening, etc.) of the employee/officer of the municipal corporation then you may call, e-mail, or write to the Director/Chief Vigilance Officer/Police Inspector of Vigilance.
Sexual Harassment Cell, NMC (For Women): If any official member/employee/officer of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation is facing any form of threat, sexual or physical harassment then she can directly report to the appointed members of the Internal Complaints Committee of Sexual Harassment Cell for Women, NMC.
The complaint must be submitted within 3 months of the occurrence of the last incident. You may use texts, images, videos, voice recordings, or other documents as evidence to prove the allegations. If not satisfied then you may approach the higher authority or may seek the help of a legal expert.
Note – Finally, If the complaints regarding the citizen-centric, public, or civic body services are not resolved as per the timeline of the citizen charter or not satisfied with the final resolution/order of the officers then lodge a grievance to the GRO of the Public Grievance Cell, NMC.
Further, you may write to the Deputy Commissioner of the Departments/Zones or Commissioner/Mayor of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation. Read below to know the official details.
NMC Helpline Number
Many residents don’t know where and how to register a complaint to NMC about issues related to public utility facilities and civic services (water, streetlight, sewerage, garbage/waste collection, etc.). To resolve this problem, Nagpur Municipal Corporation has provided toll-free citizen helpline numbers that you may use to report concerns to the representative officers of your area.
You can call the toll-free citizen helpline number or centralised control room to file a complaint to the concerned designated officer of the respective department of the municipal corporation. Residents may also use the helpline numbers of the control room of zonal offices.
Provide your name, address, contact number, and a brief description of the issue to the Representative Officer to report the complaint. After successful submission, ask for the reference/token number as proof that can also be used to track the status.
Citizen Helpline Number of Nagpur Municipal Corporation to File a Complaint:
|OCW Toll-Free Water Helpline Number||18002669899|
|NMC Citizen Helpline Number||+917122567035|
|NMC Sewerage/Septic Tank Helpline Number||14420|
|Officers’ Contact Number||Click Here|
Centralised Control Room Helpline Number of NMC for Emergency in Nagpur:
|NMC Emergency Management Control Room||+917122567029, +91712567777|
|Fire Department||101, +917122540299, +917030972200|
Tips – If not satisfied or issues/complaints are not resolved by the concerned authority of the municipal corporation then you may escalate or lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the Nagpur Mahanagar Palika.
May be Helpful: MSEDCL – Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Zonal Offices of NMC: Helpline Numbers & Contact Details
Citizens can use the helpline numbers of the control rooms of the zonal offices to seek help from the officers in any emergency. You may also lodge a complaint to the concerned nodal officers (Assistant Commissioners) of the zone when your issues or the problems of your area/wards are not resolved by the designated officer or employee of the municipal corporation.
I. Laxmi Nagar Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122245833, +917122245028|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 1|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Zone No. 1 (Laxmi Nagar), Near Water Tank, Laxmi Nagar, Nagpur – 440022.|
|Zonal Officers||View Contact Number|
II. Dharam Peth Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122567056, +917122565589|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 2|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Mahanagar Palika, Zone No. 2 (Dharam Peth), Behind Harne Mahila Samaj Bhavan, Near Gokulpeth Market, Dharampeth, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
III. Hanuman Nagar Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122755589|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 3|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Mahanagar Palike, Zone No. 3 (Hanuman Nagar), Tukdoji Putla Square, Jawahar Nagar, Manewada Road, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
IV. Dhantoli Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122958401, +917122958400|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 4|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Zone No. 4 (Dhantoli), Beside Dhantoli Railway Bridge, Ghat Road, Dhantoli, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
V. Nehru Nagar Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122700090, +917122702126|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 5|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Zone No. 5 (Nehru Nagar), Near Nehru Nagar Garden, Opposite Janaki Devi School, Nandanvan Road, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
VI. Gandhibagh Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122735599|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 6|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Zone No. 6 (Gandhibagh), Near Town Hall, Mahal, Gandhibagh, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
VII. Satranjipura Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917030577650|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 7|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Zone No. 7 (Satranjipura), Marwadi Sq., Itwari Railway Station Road, Satranjipura, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
VIII. Lakadganj Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122737599, +917122739020|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 8|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Mahanagar Palika, Zone No. 8 (Lakadganj), Behind Petrol Pump, Near Telephone Exchange Square, Lakadganj, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
IX. Ashinagar Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122655605, +917122655603|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 9|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Mahanagar Palika, Zone No. 9 (Ashinagar), Near Anand Buddha Vihar, Ashi Nagar, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
X. Mangalwari Zone, NMC:
|Phone Number||Control Room: +917122596903|
|Designation||Assistant Commissioner, Zone No. 10|
|Address||Zonal Office of Nagpur Mahanagar Palika, Zone No. 10 (Mangalwari), Koradi Road, Near NMC Municipal School, Mangalwari, Nagpur.|
||View Contact Number|
Citizens may use these contact details of the zonal offices to seek help, and information, or report the issue to get faster redressal of the problems related to civic services within your ward/division of NMC.
NMC Officers’ Contact Details
The contact number, e-mail, and official contact details of the designated higher nodal officers & Chairpersons (Mayor, Commissioner, and Deputy Commissioners of the departments) of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (Head Quarter). Citizens may lodge a written grievance if previously registered complaints are not resolved by the designated nodal officers within the time limit or not satisfied with the final order.
Note – Before contacting these officers, you should file an online complaint directly to the concerned departments or submit a written complaint application. Further, you may approach the Public Grievance Cell, these officers and the State Appellate Authority.
I. Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Head Quarter:
|[email protected], [email protected]|
|Address||Head Quarter Office, Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Mahanagar Palika Marg,Civil Lines, Nagpur,Maharashtra, 440001.|
II. NMC Officers’ Phone Number, E-mail & Other Details:
|NMC Officer (HQ)||Phone No. & E-mail|
|Deputy Commissioner (HQ)||+917122567005|
|Dy. Commissioner, General Administration||+917122567020|
|Executive Engineer (Electrical Dept.)||+917122567032|
|Director (Solid Waste Management)||[email protected]|
|Spt. Engineer (Public Health Engineering)||[email protected],
|Education Officer||[email protected],
|Ex. Engineer (Environment Dept.)||[email protected]|
|Dy. Commissioner (Parks & Tree Dept.)||+917122567032|
To know the contact details of the other departments, you may check the departments of NMC and its designated officers.
III. Mayor & Deputy Mayor, NMC:
|Designation, NMC||Phone Number|
These are the official contact details of the officers, chairpersons, and designated members of the council of Nagpur Municipal Corporation. If any serious or critical issues are not resolved by any administrative or nodal officer of the NMC then you may approach these higher officers (Deputy Commissioner, Commissioner of the Mahanagar Palika, and further to Mayor/Deputy Mayor).
Tips – Before approaching these officers of NMC, must file an online complaint, written grievance, or report from the citizen helpline number.
Register an Online Complaint
The integrated grievance registration & monitoring system is an e-governance initiative of the Mahanagar Palika to provide an integrated online platform to citizens of Nagpur for the redressal of complaints related to civic body services. Through this system, You can register an online complaint to the respective departments of the Municipal Corporation.
The issues will be resolved by the appointed officers within the given time limit. If it is not resolved or closed, you may again reopen the previous complaint and can escalate it to the higher nodal officers. The tracking facilities are also provided. After successful registration, every person should note down the reference/complaint number for future usage.
Links to File an Online Complaint to Nagpur Municipal Corporation:
|Register an Online Complaint to NMC||File a Complaint|
|For Registered Citizens||Login|
|File Online Water Complaint to OCW||Click Here|
|Track Water Complaint Status||Track Now|
|E-mail (NMC)||[email protected], [email protected]|
|E-mail (OCW)||[email protected]|
|Mobile App||Android | iOSx|
|Social Media||Twitter | Facebook|
Note – If registered complaints are not resolved or not satisfied with the final order then you may reopen by again logging in at the Grievance Registration Portal. Further, you may lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal Officer of the Public Grievance Cell, NMC and to the State Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Development, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Follow the mandatory instruction and steps to register a successful online complaint to the Mahanagarpalika to get faster redressal of the issues related to the civic body or citizen-centric services.
Step 1: Visit the link from the table above to open the online complaint form of the NMC. Now, Sign up by providing personal details & contact details (phone number & e-mail).
Water – To register an online complaint related to the water supply services of OCW (Orange City Water, Nagur), visit the link from the table above and fill out the online complaint form by selecting the appropriate category of the issue. Submit the form and use the reference/complaint number to track the status.
Step 2: After successful registration of your grievance account, log in using the user credentials (mobile number & password). Click the button from the menu to register a grievance and open the online complaint form.
Step 3: Fill out the following mandatory information and details of the issue in the online grievance form of the municipal corporation:
- Category – Choose the type of grievance (category of issue) and the concerned department.
- Description – Provide a brief description of the issue with hints of evidence that you have (if any) and name of the listed documents/proof. The grievance description should be to the point with genuine & true information.
- Location – Select the zone, Prabhag (division), and enter the address belonging to the issue/grievance. Enter the landmark, detail of the area, and Pincode of the location.
- Attachment – Upload supporting documents, images of the evidence/incident, or any other proof in the format of jpeg, jpg, bmp, png, gif, and pdf.
Step 4: Finally, submit the online form and note down the grievance/reference number to track the status of the complaint. You may also use it for future reference like to reopen unresolved or unsatisfactory complaints.
Step 5: To reopen the registered grievance, Follow these steps:
- Visit the link from the table above to log in again at the portal.
- Click reopen the grievance from the given menu and enter the grievance number.
- Provide a brief description of the reason for the dissatisfaction and request for escalation to a higher authority.
- Submit the online grievance form.
Step 6: Wait for the response of the higher nodal authority of NMC. Again, If not satisfied with the final order or complaints are not resolved by these authorities then escalate or lodge a grievance to the Public Grievance Cell of the Municipal Corporation and further to the State Appellate Authority, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Citizen-Centric Online Municipal Services
The major citizen-centric online services of the municipal corporation save time and effort for the residents of Nagpur with less paperwork. These services include online payment of taxes/bills, application for the new water & sewerage connection, Death & Birth registration (certificate), building approval, vendor registration, fee & challan payments, Veterinary & hospital licenses, trade licenses, Local Body Tax, etc.
Pay Online Bills/Taxes to Nagpur Municipal Corporation:
|Type of Bill/Taxes||Payment Link|
|Pay the Local Body Tax (LBT) of NMC||Pay Now|
|Property Tax Payments||Pay Now|
|Pay the Water Bill to OCW||Pay Now|
|Pay Building Approval Charges||Pay Now|
Important Citizen-Centric Online Services of NMC:
|Type of Civic Service||Apply/ Register|
|New Water Supply Connection of OCW||Apply Now|
|Birth & Death Registration||Click Here|
|Building Approval Application||Apply Now|
|Apply for the Hospital License||Apply Now|
|Other Online Services of NMC||Click Here|
For all other citizen-centric online services of the municipal corporation, you may visit the link from the table above and apply online for your required service of the Mahanagar Palika.
Public Grievance Cell, Nagpur Mahanagarpalika (NMC)
The Grievance Redressal Officer is the head of the Public Grievance Cell of Nagpur Mahanagarpalika (NMC). Each department has a Grievance Officer who is responsible to take action on the unresolved and unsatisfactory redressal of the registered complaints related to the civic body, citizen-centric, or other administrative services of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
If resident’s grievances are neither resolved nor satisfied with the final responses provided by these Grievance Officers or Municipal Commissioner of the Mahanagarpalika, then citizens may also write to higher State Appellate Authority of the Government of Maharashtra,
If you are not satisfied with the final order/resolution or issues are not resolved even after the reopening of your grievance on the Grievance Redressal Portal of NMC or submitting any written grievance application then you may write a grievance letter to the PG Cell or the Deputy Commissioner of the departments or the Municipal Commissioner of the Corporation.
Mention the Following Information in the Grievance Letter to PG Cell, NMC:
- Designation of the officer – Grievance Redressal Officer, PG Cell of NMC.
- Name of the complainant, address, and contact details (mobile number or e-mail).
- The subject of the issue/grievance (unsatisfied or unresolved complaint).
- Reference/Grievance Number of the previously registered complaint.
- A brief description of the issue or reason for dissatisfaction and also mention the hints of evidence/proof (if any).
- Copy of the response of the officer (if any).
- Attach copies of the relevant proof and supporting documents. You may also share images, texts, links to videos, etc. as evidence (if any).
Keep a copy of the grievance form for yourself and submit it at the grievance counter of the concerned departments or reception of the headquarter office or the municipal corporation of Nagpur. You may also send it by speed post to the official address of NMC below.
Address: Grievance Redressal Officer [Department], Public Grievance Cell, NMC
Head Quarter Office, Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Mahanagar Palika Marg,Civil Lines, Nagpur,Maharashtra, 440001.
Phone No: +917122567035
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected],
E-mail (Dy. Com.): [email protected]
Fax No: 07122561584
Tips – After successful submission of your grievance, ask for the acknowledgement receipt as proof and keep safe for future requirements. If submitted by speed post then wait 7-10 days to get a response from the office of Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
Note – If yet not resolved or you are not satisfied with the final order then escalate or lodge an online grievance to the Appellate Authority of the Department of Urban Local Bodies, Government of Maharashtra.
Lodge an Online Grievance to State Appellate Authority, Maharashtra
If your registered or submitted grievance is not resolved within the given time limit as per the citizen charter of NMC or not satisfied with the final order, action or remedies provided by the Public Grievance Cell or Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation, in this situation you may lodge an online grievance to the State Appellate Authority of Department of Local Urban Bodies under respective Ministry of the Government of Maharashtra.
To lodge an online grievance, residents of Nagpur can use the Aaple Sarkar Grievance Redressal Portal or can call the centralised call centre using the toll-free citizen helpline number of the state government.
- Provide the reference/acknowledgement receipt/number of the previous grievance submitted to the Nagpur Municipal Corporation.
- Enter accurate personal details (mobile number, e-mail, etc.) for further communication.
- For serious matters, highlight the main issues in the description with hints of evidence/proof.
- For the grievances related to the Nagpur Maahanagarpalika, select the Department of Local Urban Bodies from the respective Ministry from the given list.
- Always submit true and relevant documents or any other proof (image, video, etc.).
Links and Helplines of the Aaple Sarkar, Maharashtra to Lodge an Online Grievance:
|Lodge an Online Grievance to Appellate Authority||Lodge Grievance|
|Aaple Sarkar Helpline Number (Grievance Help)||18001208040|
|Officers’ Contact Number||Click Here|
Tips – After successful registration on the grievance portal, click to lodge a grievance, Select Mantralaya (Ministry of Urban Local Bodies), and fill out the required information. Submit it and note down the reference/grievance number to track the status and for further usage.
Your grievance will be resolved within 21 days (as expected) by the nodal officers or head of the department of the ministry. The given redressal time varies case by case which means it may take a longer time if any enquiry is required.
Tips – If not satisfied with the final order of the appellate authority of the Ministry of Urban Development & Local Bodies, Government of Maharashtra but the matter is very serious in nature then you may seek the help of any legal expert to escalate the case to the judicial authorities (tribunals, courts, etc.).
Note – If the case/matter is related to the violation of the Fundamental Rights of the Citizens, you may file a petition in the Higher Court of the State (Bombay High Court) or the Supreme Court of India.
Vigilance Office, NMC
The Directorate of Vigilance/ Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) is the head of the Vigilance Department of Nagpur Municipal Corporation and is empowered to take action against cases related to the unethical and corrupt practices/activities conducted by any employees/ officers of various departments or zonal offices of the municipal corporation.
Citizens may report or register a complaint to the CVO or nodal officer (Police Inspector of Vigilance) about matters/issues related to unethical practices like harassment by any officer, low-quality works, no inspections by engineers, asking for bribes, misuse of power to favour/person interest, or threatening people.
To report these corrupt practices of NMC Officers, you may write a complaint application/letter or can use the contact number and e-mail of the Vigilance officers. Within the application mention the following information:
- The subject of the matter,
- Personal details or report Anonymously (optional),
- Description of the case,
- NMC Officer details (if have), and
- Relevant Documents like images, documents, text, videos, etc.
Send the complaint application to the official address of the Vigilance Department of Nagpur Mahanagarpalika or contact the officers by using the communication details mentioned below.
Address: Director/ Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO),
Department of Vigilance, Head Quarter Office, Nagpur Municipal Corporation, Mahanagar Palika Marg,Civil Lines, Nagpur,Maharashtra, 440001.
Phone No: +917122267032
E-mail: [email protected]
Keep a copy of the complaint letter for yourself. You can use it as proof if your case of unethical & corrupt practices is not resolved by the appointed nodal officer.
Tips – If not satisfied with the final action taken by the officers or the matter is pending more than 30 days without any response, you may write or lodge an online complaint to the Lokayukta of Maharashtra with the relevant information of the case.
Issues That Can Be Redressed
The list of major issues related to the public utility facilities, citizen-centric, and local civic body services of the municipal corporation of Nagpur can be resolved by the officers of the respective departments.
1. Public Health:
- Report the increased air pollution or activities of industries, construction sites, etc. which causes pollution.
- Cancellation/Delay of Birth/Death Registration or other problems.
- Complaints related to improper sweeping of roads and public places.
- Report if found the public toilets are not cleaned or choked, no water/electricity supply, required maintenance, or other issues.
- Mosquito nuisance required spraying to protect from the spread of diseases by the mosquitoes like Dengue, Malaria, etc.
- Issues related to unhygienic food or meat shops, illegal slaughterhouses, etc.
- Report if bad quality material is given to students or furniture is found broken in classes of municipal schools.
- Grievances about Private School, School Admission, Leaving School, and other school-related services
- Complaints regarding the non-availability of teachers, books, basic infrastructure, or Mid Day Meals.
3. Solid Waste Management:
- Issues related to the door-to-door garbage collector or solid waste vehicle.
- The sweeper is not cleaning the public roads or not done properly.
- Bio-Medical waste/Health hazard waste removal, Broken Bin
- Burning of garbage in dumping grounds, or issues of spilling of garbage dumping grounds or from the vehicle.
- Complaints regarding garbage lorry without the Net, or removal of fallen trees/ garbage.
- Request for Desilting of Canal or Drain or Disposal of removed silt on the Road
- Any complaint related to the solid waste management in Nagpur city.
4. Sewerage & Drainage:
- Repair/construct culverts, stagnation of water, or stopping leakage of sewage water in nalla
- Report the leakage in sewerage pipelines, sewer line choked /blockages, or closing open manhole/sewerage covers.
- Repairs of Storm Water Drainage, pipe sewers/ main sewers, or broken chambers
- Replacement of missing /damaged manhole covers
- Issues related to potholes.
- Problem regarding sewerage treatment plant (STP), provision of new storm drain, or raising manholes except in the monsoon.
- Complaint Against Licence Plumber, Tankers Owners, Pipeline Repairing Agency, Or Maintenance Contractor.
- Hand Pump Electric Pump Repair, Request to Repair Markets, Statues, or the SWD.
- Request to repair the public library, Public Wells, or existing footpath.
- Request to repair the burning Ghats, footpath, leakages, or any public property of the municipal corporation of Nagpur.
- Other complaints related to public health engineering.
6. Public Works:
- Report any illegal activities in the slum or issues with the B.S.U.P. housing scheme.
- Complaints regarding bridges/flyovers/subways or centre median/road dividers
- Construction/repairs of Nallah/drain walls, roads, or public toilets/latrines
- Control Over Unauthorised Construction Of Buildings
- Request for the formation of new roads, maintenance of roads, footpath, public properties, bridges, etc.
7. Water Supply:
- Report the burst of the water main line, contaminated or no water supply, or dispute in the water bill.
- Report the issues related to unauthorized tapping of water connection, use of water-change of use, or use of booster pump.
- Complaints related to Tillu Pump, valve leakage, water meter, or water supply during the non-supply hour.
- Shortage of water supply, or request for water by tankers.
- Other grievances like Borewell, no water supply, water meter etc.
- Dilapidated houses/buildings demolition
- Report if found encroachment inside society, on municipal land, road, footpath, gutter, etc.
- Complaints regarding encroachment on public property or by Shopkeepers
- Issues regarding unauthorised/illegal construction, commercial use, Hoardings, and addition/ alteration in the premises of Municipal property/ building.
- Report the unauthorized stalls on roads, footpaths or SWD, or storage of explosives in premises of shops/factories
- Other issues regarding encroachment of property or public places.
- Complaints related to damage to the electric pole, daylight burning of lights, or non-burning of streetlights.
- Report if the issues regarding electric shock are due to streetlights, broken poles, or leaning street cables.
- Request for shifting of street light poles, new streetlights, LED/Halogen lights, etc.
- Management & maintenance of electrical apparatus & electricity supply in public properties.
- Other issues related to the electrical and streetlights.
10. Property Tax:
- Issues of clear mutation of property, or taxes paid but receipt not received
- Complaints against fine on cheque returned or bounced or tax receipt
- Correction in assessment notice, demand bill, mutation, or notice u/s under section 155.
- Other issues related to property tax.
11. Town Planning & Estate:
- Complaints related to administration & delay in response.
- Building plan sanction, or issues regarding non-approval of building application.
- Request for the new roads, facilities or other issues related to town planning of Nagpur.
12. Garden & Parks:
- Beautification Of Garden /Square
- Complaints regarding Parks, Playgrounds
- Repair & maintenance of Play Equipment in the garden
- Issues related to watering of plants, trimming trees, new plants, or other problems of parks & gardens.
- Repairing fountains & irrigation systems in the garden, or tree Cutting
13. Health & Hospital:
- Complaints regarding hospital Registration, availability of doctors, biomedical waste management, and cleanliness at the hospitals.
- Report the non-availability of medicines, lack of facilities, non-availability of beds, rude behaviours of doctors, etc.
- Other complaints regarding the health and municipal hospitals.
- Request to ban heavy traffic or to provide footpath.
- Report for non-availability of traffic lights, traffic police, or non-burning of traffic lights.
- Complaints regarding heavy traffic on the roads, issues with roads, zebra crossing, etc.
- Trade Being Unsafe, Trade without a license
- Removal of illegal shops on the footpath
- Issues regarding vendor registration, shop licenses, etc.
16. Social Welfare:
- Complaints related to the government schemes like PM Awas Yojana in Nagpur, Deen Dayal Antyodya Yojana, Public Distribution System, Skill & Training Schemes, etc.
17. Fire & Disaster Management:
- Report if found unsafe building
- Fire NOC related to building, trade, etc.
- Other problems like natural disasters, floods, fires in your area, other emergencies, etc.
18. Veterinary Services:
- Cruelty to animals
- Straying/Roaming of animals other than dogs
- Unlicensed pet dogs, issues related to Stray Dogs Sterilisation, etc.
Others: Complaints related to various services that are provided by the municipal corporation within the Nagpur metropolitan city.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nagpur Mahanagar Palika
Q. What is the citizen helpline number of Nagpur Municipal Corporation?
A. The citizen helpline number of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation is +917122567035 and toll-free helpline number for complaints of sewerage and septic tank is 14420. You may e-mail [email protected] to raise your issues.
Q. What is the toll-free water helpline number of Orange City Water Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur?
A. The toll-free water helpline number of OCW is 18002669899 and you may e-mail [email protected] your complaints related to water supply & water contract.
Q. Where can I approach if my complaints are not resolved by the nodal officers of Nagpur Mahanagarplaika (NMC)?
A. You may write or lodge a grievance to the Grievance Redressal Officer (Deputy Commissioner) of the Public Grievance Cell, NMC. If not satisfied with GRO then you may lodge an online grievance to the State Appellate Authority, Ministry of Urban Local Bodies by the Aaple Sarkar Grievance Registration Portal of the Government of Maharashtra. Further, you may seek the help of any legal expert (for critical/serious matters).
- Citizen Charter – Nagpur Municipal Corporation
- Organization Structure – Nagpur Mahanagarpalika
- नागरिकांची सनद – NMC
- Demographic Profile of Nagpur City
- Queries – Orange City Water Pvt. Ltd. (OCW)
- Grievance Redressal User Manual – Aaple Sarkar, Maharashtra