Paschim Gujarat VIJ Company Limited is a subsidiary of Gujarat Urja Vitran Nigam Limited (GUVNL) and was established in September 2003. PGVCL is an electricity distribution company in the districts of western Gujarat and it is registered under the Companies Act, 1956.
PGVCL provides electricity services in 12 districts of western Gujarat and covers nearly 99,771 sq. km. area. The population that benefits are about 17.5 million and the total consumers of more than 59 lakhs.
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
It is divided into a total of 12 circles, 45 divisions, and 246 subdivisions to provide electricity services and redress the issues that consumers face in daily life.
Circles and Divisions of PGVCL in Western Gujarat:
1. Amreli Circle
2. Anjar Circle
3. Bhavnagar Circle
4. Bhuj Circle
5. Botad Circle
6. Jamnagar Circle
- Devbhumi Dwarka
7. Junagarh Circle
8. Morbi Circle
9. Porbandar Circle
10. Rajkot Circle
- Udhyog Nagar
- Kalavad Road
11. Rajkot Rural Circle
12. Surendranagar Circle
Many customers of PGVCL face a lot of issues with the electricity services and many problems are not redressed by the regional authorities even after the registration of complaints about electricity problems. You can get the toll-free customer care helpline and complaint number and also register an online complaint about the issues of electricity services to PGVCL.
Electricity Complaint Registration Fee & Time by PGVCL:
|Electricity Complaint Registration Fee||No Fee (Nil)|
|Grievance Redressal Time||Immediate or up to 60 Days (Depends on the issue)|
Tips – Even if your complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied then you can lodge a grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), PGVCL. Then further grievance is not redressed, you can file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat. All the information is provided in the sections below, use it to redress problems.
Customer Helplines for Electricity Complaints of Paschim Gujarat VIJ Company Limited (PGVCL)
Paschim Gujarat VIJ Company Limited (PGVCL) has provided some official services and customer helplines to redress the issues of the electricity services. The verified helplines are toll-free customer care numbers, WhatsApp numbers e-mails, online complaint portals, online new connection applications, CGRF & Ombudsman to redress grievances, and other services.
You can register complaints to PGVCL using the official helpline numbers and portals of the PGVCL anytime 24×7. Click and call on the numbers that are given below.
Provide the following information:
- Consumer Connection number
- Name of the consumer
- Phone number
- Address of the premises
- Description of complaint
Electricity Helpline and Toll-Free Customer Care Numbers of PGVCL:
|PGVCL Complaint Numbers||19122
|WhatsApp Number of PGVCL||+919512019122|
|Regional Fuse Call Center Helpline Numbers||Click Here|
Regional Helpline Numbers of PGVCL for Electricity Complaints:
|Amreli Circle||Click Here|
|Anjar Circle||Click Here|
|Bhavnagar Circle||Click Here|
|Bhuj Circle||Click Here|
|Botad Circle||Click Here|
|Jamnagar Circle||Click Here|
|Junagadh Circle||Click Here|
|Morbi Circle||Click Here|
|Porbandar Circle||Click Here|
|Rajkot City Circle||Click Here|
|Rajkot Rural Circle||Click Here|
|Surendranagar Circle||Click Here|
Tips – The electricity complaint is not resolved or unsatisfied, you can approach the CGRF of PGVCL.
Register Online Electricity Complaint on the Portal of PGVCL, Gujarat
If any customer wants to register an online complaint to PGVCL, you can use the online electricity complaint portal of PGVCL. Today, almost all the services of PGVCL are now online to get instant services.
For the ease of the consumers, GUVNL has provided an online complaint form to register the complaints and can track the status of the complaint. Read the information below to know the procedure briefly step by step.
Important Links of PGVCL to Register Online Electricity Complaint:
|Register Online Electricity Complaint||Register Now|
|Log in for Account of GUVNL||Log in Here|
|Mobile App||Android | iOS(X)|
- Visit the above link.
- Fill out the registration form of GUVNL (Select PGVCL as Discom) then log in using the username and password.
- Click the ‘Register Complaint’ option to lodge an electricity complaint.
- Fill out the complaint form and submit it.
- Use the reference number or docket number to track the status of the complaint.
Tips – Electricity complaint is not resolved or Unsatisfied with the resolution? You can lodge a grievance to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of PGVCL.
Some other services like Solar rooftop services & subsidies, schemes related to rebates on electricity bills, tariff charges, and some other schemes & services.
Important Online Electricity Services:
|Pay Online Electricity Bill||Pay Now|
|PGVCL Bill Payment App||Android|
|Apply for New Connection||Apply Now|
|Electricity Tariff Charges||Click Here|
|Apply for Solar Rooftop||Apply Now|
|Jan Seva Kendra Details||Click Here|
Lodge Grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, PGVCL
The Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, PGVCL is a part of the grievance redressal mechanism. The CGRF takes electricity cases that are not redressed by the PGVCL or are unsatisfied with the final decision of the PGVCL.
- The grievance must be filed within 2 years after registration of the complaint to PGVCL
- The same case must not be pending in any court or tribunal and also the final order is not passed by any higher authority than CGRF
- Complaint references a number of previous electricity complaints to PGVCL
- The response of the PGVCL to the registered complaint (If available)
- Connection Number and category of connection (from the bill)
- A copy of the supportive documents as proof of the issue or the problem
- Download the format of the application form – Download
- Note – Take the printout of pages no. 22 and 23 of Annexure I.
- Fill out the application form or write it down in the given format.
- Attach all the documents with the grievance application.
- Tips – Keep a copy of all the documents and applications for yourself for future reference.
- Submit the grievance application form to the concerned regional office of the CGRF forum.
Address and Contact Details of CGRF Forum, PGVCL
|CGRF Circle Office||Address, E-mail, and Phone No.|
|CGRF, Rajkot Forum (Rajkot City, Rajkot Rural, Morbi)||Convener, Consumer’s Grievance Redressal Forum,
Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited,
Paschim Gujarat Vij Seva Sadan, Registered & Corporate Office,
Off. Nana Mava Road, Laxminagar, Rajkot – 360004
|CGRF, Bhuj Forum (Bhuj and Anjar)||Convener, Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum,
Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited, Circle Office,
Power House Compound, Hospital Road, Bhuj – Kutch- 370001
02832258052, 02832253550, 02832255377
|CGRF, Bhavnagar Forum||Convener, Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum,
Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited, Zonal Office,
Old Power House Compound, Chavadi Gate, Bhavnagar- 364002
02782521760, 02782521761, 02782521762
|CGRF, Junagadh Forum (Junagadh, Porbandar and Jamnagar)||Convener, Consumer’s Grievance Redressal Forum,
Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited, Circle Office,
Azad Chowk, M.G. Road, Junagadh – 362001.
Tips – If your grievance is not redressed by the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum within 45 days or unsatisfied with the final decision of the CGRF, you can file a petition to the Electricity Ombudsman (GERC), Gujarat. To file a petition read the information below.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman (GERC), Gujarat Against PGVCL
The Electricity Ombudsman is the highest authority of the Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission (GERC), Gujarat where consumers can appeal against the final order of the CGRF forum of PGVCL or grievance is not redressed within 45 Days.
You can read carefully all the instructions, details of the required documents, and procedures to file a successful petition to the Electricity Ombudsman.
- The petition must be filed within 30 days after the expiry of the grievance redressal time limit of CGRF or if unsatisfied with the final response
- The case must not be pending in any court or tribunal.
- A copy of the submitted application form and attached documents to the CGRF Forum, PGVCL
- A copy of the previously registered complaint to PGVCL with reference number and response (If available)
- All the supportive documents that prove facts and issues
- Download the application form for representation before the Ombudsman: Download
- Note – Take the printout of pages no. 26 and 27 of Annexure III.
- Fill out the required information.
- Attach all the required documents as mentioned in the above list.
- Take 3 copies of the application form and attached documents to submit it.
- Tips – Keep a copy of the application form for yourself.
- Submit the petition form to the Electricity Ombudsman at its official address.
Official Contact Details and Address of Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat
Electricity Ombudsman (Rajkot)
Old Power House Compound, Kanak Road, Trikon Baug
E-mail: [email protected]
Tips – If you are unsatisfied with the final order of the Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat then you can approach the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, the High Court of Gujarat and further Supreme Court of India.
Citizen’s Charter: Electricity Complaint Redressal Time Limit of PGVCL
The Citizen’s Charter provides information on the time limit to redress the complaints of electricity issues and also to provide specific services such as new connection, payment, etc. by Paschim Gujarat VIJ Company Limited.
Tips – If your complaint is not resolved within the time limit, you can lodge a grievance to the CGRF of PGCL using the above details of the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum.
Read the time limit for different types of complaints from the below tables.
1. Time Limit for New PGVCL Electricity Connection
- Time Limit for the issue of Demand Note (from the date of registration)
Type of Service/Complaint Time Limit Permanent Residential/Commercial Electricity Connection 7 Days For Industrial LT Connection (Permanent) 10 Days For HT Service Connection 15 Days For EHV Connection 30 Days
- To Release Electricity Connection (From the date of payment & completion of department & consumer work)
Type of Service/Complaint Time Limit Electricity Connection for Residential/Commercial (Permanent in category A) 20 Days Modification of the existing network of permanent electricity connections (residential and commercial) 2 months – City
4 months – Rural
LT Electricity Connection (Category A of existing network) 20 Days For Permanent Agriculture Electricity Connection (Category A), from the date of payment 30 Days Agriculture – In Case of modification of existing network 120 Days HT Industrial connection 45 Days EHV Electric Connection 180 Days Temporary Electricity Connection (10/25/50/50 KVA above 5/10/20/30 Days
2. Reconnection of Electricity Connection (After due Payment, charges, security deposit, and production of receipt)
|Type of Service/Complaint||Time Limit|
|If the electricity supply disconnection period is not exceeded 6 months||24 hours|
|If the service line is disconnected from outside of the premise||3 Days|
|The electricity supply is disconnected for more than 6 months, after the submission of the test report||48 hours or up to 7 Days|
|If the Agreement is terminated then the consumer has to apply afresh||Apply afresh|
3. Shifting of Electricity Connection in Existing Place, after the date of payment of the estimate
|Type of Service/Complaint||Time Limit|
|Meter or Service Line||7 Days|
|HT/LT Line||20 Days|
|Transformer Structure||30 Days|
4. Other Electricity Services Complaints
|Type of Complaint||Time Limit|
|Electricity Bill and Payment related complaints||10 to 15 Days|
|Change of the name and ownership of electricity connection||7 Days|
|Complaint Redressal Time (Installation)||8.00 AM to 8.00 PM|
5. Electricity Supply Interruption
|Type of Complaint||Urban Area||Rural Area|
|Complaint of ordinary nature||4 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Due to blowing of DO fuse||6 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Routine line fault||8 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Falling of tree on HT line (without breaking of poles)||10 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Snapping of conductor||12 Hrs||24 Hrs|
|Breaking of Pole||24 Hrs||48 Hrs|
|Due to the fire on the short circuit of the LT line||6 Hrs||30 Hrs|
|Failure in distribution transformer||1 Day||3 Days|
|Failure in a power transformer or associated switch gear||2 to 15 Days||2 to 15 Days|
|Fault in the service line
1. Overhead line
2. Underground line
6. Meter/Metering System of PGVCL
|Type of Complaint||Urban Area||Rural Area|
|Inspection at site||7 Days||15 Days|
|To inform consumers about defects and replace the meter after inspection at the site||15 Days||15 Days|
|Request for replacement of meter, if established to be defective||7 Days||7 Days|
Types of Electricity Issues
The categories and types of electricity issues that customers mostly face and want to get redressal of these problems.
- Electricity Supply Related Complaints
- Dim Light (Area/Individual)
- No Power (Area in shut down)
- No Power in Area/Society Off
- One Phase Off
- Interruption Due to Failure of Transformer
- Interruption due to line breakdown
- Electricity Bill related complaints
- Payment issue, failure of the transaction
- Bill Arrear issue
- Overhead lines/service line supply issue
- Streetlight problems
- Quality of electricity supply problem
- Smart Meter and Normal Meter issue
- Payment refund-related issues
- New Electricity Service Connection Issues
- Other electricity complaints about the issue of services by PGVCL
Frequently Asked Questions about Electricity Services of PGVCL
Q. What are the customer care numbers of PGVCL to lodge electricity complaints?
A. Call on the toll-free customer care number 19122, 1800233155333 of PGVCL to register complaints about the issues of the electricity services.
Q. What is the WhatsApp number of PGVCL?
A. WhatsApp number of PGVCL is +919512019122 to register electricity complaints and other services.
Q. How can I pay the online or offline electricity bill of PGVCL?
A. Customers of PGVCL can pay online electricity bills by the ‘Quick Bill Payment‘ portal of PGVCL. Open the link and enter the consumer number and check the bill amount.
If you want to pay the bill by offline mode, click out ‘Bill Collection Agencies of PGVCL‘ and visit your nearest bill collection agency to pay the bill in cash or offline mode.
Q. Where can I lodge a Grievance, if the electricity complaint is not resolved by PGVCL?
A. If your electricity complaint is not resolved within the given time limit or unsatisfied with the final resolution of PGVCL, you can lodge a grievance to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, PGVCL against the concerned office or department of the PGVCL. Then, further, you can file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat. All the information and procedure is provided in the above sections.
Q. How can I apply for a new electricity connection of PGVCL?
A. If you want to get a new electricity connection then you can apply online by visiting the portal of GUVNL and choosing the discom PGVCL. Click out ‘Apply new connection‘ and fill in details to register your account. Log in and click the new connection link and fill out the online application form.
Some Other Details to Apply New Electricity Connection to PGVCL:
- Documents required for residential and commercial connection
- Procedure to Apply for LT Electricity Connection
- Procedure to apply new HT connection
- Application form to Apply Ht connection
- Other Consumer Service Connection guidance
Q. How can I check the status of the ongoing or scheduled electricity supply outage by PGVCL in the western region of Gujarat?
A. You can track the status of ongoing or scheduled outages of electricity supply by ‘Urja Mitra PGVCL‘ where you can choose your nearest substation and get the status of power supply.
Q. How to check the municipalities arrear of electricity bills by PGVCL in our own circle?
A. To know the arrears of the municipalities of your circle, click out ‘Municipalities arrears‘ and select your circle and other details to search for the information.
- Forums for redressal of consumer grievances
- PGVCL’s CGRF forum address
- CGRF Address of PGVCL
- Procedure to file a petition to Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat
- Address of Electricity Ombudsman, Gujarat
- Citizen charter of the consumer by PGVCL