Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited is owned by the state government of Uttar Pradesh. It serves as an electricity distribution company in Uttar Pradesh. It has 4 electricity distribution subsidiary companies that provide its services to specific regions.
|Table of Contents:
Customers of these below circle units can lodge their complaints about electricity to UPPCL. You can register an online complaint on the portal. To know, how to register complaints on the official portal of UPPCL?
|Notice - Be alert! Don't disclose the financial or banking details and don't share OTP with any customer care executive. Protect yourself from Frauds and Scams. Report to Cyber Crime Bureau or Call 1930 as soon as possible to protect your earnings and others.|
Let’s figure out the procedure and the information to lodge a successful grievance.
UPPCL Official Details
|UPPCL Official Website||www.upenergy.in|
|UPPCL Customer Care Number||1912|
|Lodge Online Complaint||Register|
|New Connection of UPPCL||Apply Now|
|UPPCL Electricity Bill Payment||Pay (Rural)
|UPPCL Mobile App||Android | iOS|
UPPCL Subsidiary Customer Care Numbers:
Customer Care Number
Customer Care Number
Customer Care Number
Customer Care Number
If Complaint is Not Resolved or Unsatisfied, Approach:
|Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, UPPCL||Lodge Grievance|
|Electricity Ombudsman, Uttar Pradesh||File Petition|
Subsidiaries of UPPCL and their circles/divisions in Uttar Pradesh to get electricity services:
1. PuVVNL (Purvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited)
- Sant Kabir Nagar
- Siddharth Nagar
2. MVVNL (Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited)
- Ambedkar Nagar
- Rae Bareli
3. PVVNL (Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited)
- JP Nagar
4. DVVNL (Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam)
- Kanpur Dehat
Steps to Lodge Online Complaint to UPPCL
UPPCL customers can register their complaints about electricity services issues on the distributor’s official portal.
You can lodge your grievances for these reasons:
- Power Supply Failure/Outages
- Transformer Issue
- UPPCl Electricity Bill – Amount or payment issue
- Meter – UPPCL Smart Meter, Domestic, or Industrial
- Emergency Support – Electricity Contact Accidents
- Report or Complaint about Corruption or Bribery
- Any other Issues in Schemes
Follow the steps to lodge a successful online complaint and get a faster resolution from the concerned department of UPPCL:
Process and Procedure to Fill Out Online Complaint Form
Step 1 – Click on this link to open the online complaint form of UPPCL:
|Register UPPCL Online Complaint||File Complaint|
|Track UPPCL Complaint Status||Track Now|
|Electricity Bill Correction Complaint (Request)||Rural | Urban | KESCO|
|Meter Related requests||Rural | Urban|
|Permanent Power Disconnection Request||Rural | Urban|
on the Twitter account UPPCL, click on the given link:
Step 2 – Click on “Consumer Complaint Registration” on the left side of the menu.
Step 3 – Enter or select the following information in the complaint form:
- Select District – Please select the district in which the issue is occurring
- Complaint Type – Select the type of complaint that you want to get redressal on (Supply, Bill, Meter, Incentive, Transformer, Service Line, or other issues).
- Complaint Sub-Type – Select the one subtype of your issue that relates to your problem.
- Discom – Check the Discom is right (PuVVNL, MVVNL, PVVNL, DVVNL)
- Zone – Select the zone of your electricity services under the given Discom
- Circle – Select the circle of the UPPCL’s Discom
- Division – Choose a division of your circle where you want to register a complaint.
- Sub-Division – Select the right subdivision of your Division and Circle.
- Substation – Select the nearest sub-station where your electricity connection belongs or your issue comes in that department.
- Consumer Type – Select the Type of Connection – (Rural, Urban, or Industrial)
- Consumer Name – Enter your full name
- Mobile Number – Enter your active mobile number
- Customer Account Number – Enter the account number (find in your UPPCL electricity bill) (Optional)
- Address – Type your full address of the communication
- Remarks – Provide a brief detail of the issue that is occurring
Step 4 – Click on the “Save” button. You will get a reference number for your complaint, save or write it. You will also get the reference number in the message of your mobile number. You can use it to track your complaint about UPPCL.
Enter your complaint number and click on the “Search Complaint” to track the status of the UPPCL electricity complaint. (To track complaints click on the above same complaint link)
If you are unsatisfied with the complaint resolution of UPPCL or your grievance is not redressed, you can directly approach to Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of UPPCL, under the Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC).
Know, how to lodge a grievance in the CGRF step by step with the helplines and procedures. Read the steps that are mentioned below for your convenience.
Procedure to Lodge Grievance to Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), UPERC
Follow the steps to lodge a grievance in the Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) under Electricity (Regulation) Act, 2013. You can file a complaint against each licensee or electricity distribution Discom of your zone.
Issues that Can Be Redressed by The CGRF
The following Issues of electricity services can be redressed by the CGRF(UPERC):
- Overbilling, the fictitious, or wrong bill (arrear in the bill)
- Disruption in the supply of the electricity
- Voltage issue
- Frequent Supply off
- Electricity Meter related
- New Connection, Issue in electricity connection
- Delay in sanctioning the new connection
- Wrong tariff uses
- Any other complaints (Security Deposits, Weak Standard of Performance)
Steps to Lodge Grievance in the CGRF, UPERC
Step 1 – Take a white paper and pen and write the following information in the grievance application:
- Name of the Discom – Write the name of the Discom of your circle (PuVVNL, MVVNL, DVVNL, PVVNL, KESCO, NPCL)
- Address – Write the address of the Discom from the below given details
- Subject – Write the type of complaint for which you want to lodge the grievance in CGRF
- Connection Number – Provide your electricity connection number or Account Number of UPPCL
- Complaint Number – Write the Complaint reference number that is not resolved by Discom or not satisfied with the resolution
- Licensee/Distributor Name – Write the name of the distributor or licensee against which you want to lodge a grievance
- Brief Description of the Complaint – Write a brief description of the issue and problems that you are facing or what type of grievance is not resolved by the Discom. Provide the facts and information of supportive documents that make your case stronger.
- Type of Relief/Compensation – Write the relief that you demand from the CGRF of the concerned Discom. Also, mention if you have any monetary loss and expect compensation for your loss.
- List of Attached Documents – Write down all list of documents that supports your grievance and makes your case stronger.
- Signature – Sign on the application with the date
- Name of the Complainant – Write your name as per your documents
- Address – Enter your communication or permanent address
- Mobile Number – Write your mobile number for future communications and reference numbers for your grievance.
Must attach the following documents with the grievance application of the CGRF:
- Copy of the Previous complaint’s decision or Complaint reference number
- Copy of your recent or old bill ( If the issue is with the Bill)
- Copy of Supportive Documents
- Copy of Connection Certificate
- Copy of your Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter Id, or other)
Make sure to keep a copy of all the documents and applications to yourself. Submit it by post or at your regional offices. Address of the CGRF regional offices are given below, use them.
CGRF Application Fee – ₹50/- (Can be sent by India post money order or submitted by himself)
Step 2 – Select your circle and CGRF office address from the below list and send your grievance application to one of these addresses:
1. Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (MVVNL)
Address – Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited,
4-A, Gokhale Marg, Lucknow, UP, 226001.
Phone No. – 0522-2208737
Regional CGRF Forum of MVVNL:
- Lucknow Forum – Phone No. 05222470069
- Bareilly Forum – Phone No. 05812567032
- Faizabad (Ayodhya) Forum – Phone No. 9415901462
- Gonda (Devipatan) Forum – Phone No. 8005499595
2. Purvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (PuVVNL)
Address – Purvanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam,
Hydel Colony Bhikharipur, Varanasi, UP, 221004.
Phone No. – 0542-2318437
Regional CGRF Forum of PuVVNL:
- Varanasi Forum – Phone No. 05422223127
- Gorakhpur Forum – Phone No. 9450963845
- Azamgarh Forum – Phone No. 9453047541
- Mirzapur Forum – Phone No. 9450963803
- Basti Forum – Phone No. 05542281403
- Prayagraj Forum – Phone No. 05322261200
3. Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (PVVNL)
Address – Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited,
P. V. S. Road, Block – 1, Shastri Nagar Market,
Shastri Nagar, Meerut, UP, 250004.
Phone No. – 0121-2665734
Regional CGRF Forum of PVVNL:
- Meerut Forum – Phone No 01212773334
- Saharanpur Forum – Phone No 9193330803
- Moradabad Forum – Phone No 9193300104
4. Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (DVVNL)
Address – Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited,
Urja Bhawan, Agra Delhi Bypass Road Sikandra, Agra, UP, 282007.
Phone No – 0562-2603738
Regional CGRF Forum of DVVNL:
- Agra Forum – Phone No 05622581069
- Aligarh Forum – Phone No 9412756587
- Kanpur Forum – Phone No 7007908006
- Jhansi Forum – Phone No 9415909512
- Chitrakoot Forum – Phone No 8004915507
5. Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCo)
Address – KESCo KESA House,
14/71 Phul Bagh, Civil Lines, Kanpur, UP, 208001.
Phone No – 0512-2311800
Regional CGRF Forum of KESCo:
- KESCO Kanpur Forum – Phone No 05122530010, 05126457209
6. Noida Power Company Limited (NPCL)
Address – Noida Power Company Limited,
Commercial Complex, H – Block, Sector Alpha – 2 Greater Noida City, UP, 201308.
Phone No – 0120-2326559
Regional Forum of NPCL:
- Greater Noida Forum – Phone No 9911510997
Trusted Source – To know more Click Out CGRF, UPERC
If your grievance is not resolved by CGRF or unsatisfied with the resolution of your complaint, You can file the petition to Electricity Ombudsman Office, Uttar Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission. To file a petition, you can follow the below-given steps and check the list of required documents.
File Petition to Electricity Ombudsman Office, UPERC
If your grievance is not resolved by the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum then you can approach to Electricity Ombudsman Office, UPERC under the U.P. Electricity Regulatory Commission (Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum & Electricity Ombudsman) Regulation(Second Amendments), 2020.
Required Documents and Conditions
To file a petition in the Electricity Ombudsman Office, you must have the following reasons:
- If you are not satisfied with the resolution of the CGRF
- The grievance is not resolved within 90 days by the concerned CGRF
- The appeal will not be accepted if this case is in any court or other forum (If you have appealed to these authorities)
Required Documents to submit a successful petition to Ombudsman Office, UPERC:
- 3 Copies of your petition form and attached documents
- A petition or application must be submitted within 30 days after the final decision of the CGRF
- Attach the Supportive Documents to prove your facts (Certificate, Photo, Bill, other)
- Attach 3 copies of the final decision of the CGRF and the grievance form with documents that were submitted in the CGRF Forum of UPPCL
- No charges to submit a petition or grievance application, also not required any advocate
Steps to File a Petition to the Ombudsman Office of UPERC
Follow the steps to fill out the petition form and know the procedure to submit your application form to the Ombudsman office of UPERC.
Step 1 – To download the Petition/Application/Appeal form, click on the below link.
Click Out – Download the application form
Step 2 – Fill in the following details and attach the required documents:
- Subject (विषय:) – Write the name of your concerned CGRF (PuVVNL, MVVNL, DVVNL, PVVNL, NPCL, or KESCO) in the blank space.
- Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (उपभोक्ता व्यथा निवारण फोरम) – Write the Name of the CGRF forum
- Complaint number(वाद संख्या) – Write the grievance reference number that you have got from CGRF
- Date (दिनांक) – Write the date of the final decision by the CGRF or not resolved yet within 90 days
- Consumer Name (उपभोक्ता का नाम) – Write your full name that is mentioned in the Identity Proof
- Address (पता) – Write your address (Permanent or Communication)
- Mobile No and E-mail (मोबाइल नंबर और ईमेल) – Provide your mobile number and e-mail
- Licensee Details (लाईसेंसी के सम्बंधित नाम) – Write the Name of the Licensee or your electricity distributor’s name
- Address of the Licensee (लाईसेंसी का पता) – Enter the full address of the concerned Licensee of your zone under UPPCL
- Connection Number (संयोजन संख्या) – Write your electricity connection number (Fin in your latest bill)
- Category (विधा) – Write the category of your connection (Domestic, Agriculture, Industrial or any other)
- Load (भार) – Write the electricity power load of your connection ( In KW format, for Example – 1KW, 5KW, or any other as per your connection)
- Brief Description of the Appeal with facts (अभ्यावेदन के तथ्यों का संक्षिप्त विवरण, अभिलेखीय प्रमाण सहित)– Write your issue and appeal in this space and include all the topics that you think is important to make your case stronger. Mention the attached documents and proofs to provide your fact and evidence.
- Relief Type (वांछित अनुतोष, राहत) – If you want to request any type of monetary or other relief from the Ombudsman office, UPERC, mention here. Provide proof if you have faced any monetary loss.
- Any Other Related Facts (कोई अन्य सुसंगत तथ्य)– Mention the facts and proof that may support your appeal and provide evidence in your case.
- Proof of 33% deposit amount of CGR Forum’s application fee that you have deposited (उo व्यo निo फोरम के आदेश के अनुपालन में जमा होने वाली धनराशि का न्यूनतम 33 प्रतिशत जमा करने का साक्ष्य) – Write the proof with the payment receipt.
- Proof of all the completed formalities related to submission of the grievance in the CGRF (उo व्यo निo फोरम में वाद दायर करने की सभी औपचारिकताओं के पूर्ण करने का साक्ष्य) – Mention and provide 3 copies of all the documents with the grievance application form that you have submitted in the CGRF forum of your concerned circle.
- Declaration (घोषणा) – Read carefully the declaration of the Ombudsman Office appeal form
- Attached Documents (संलग्नक) – Write all the attached document’s name
- Date (दिनांक) – Write the date of submission of the application form
- Complainant’s Signature and Name (अपीलकर्ता/प्रतिवेदनकर्ता के हस्ताक्षर एवं नाम) – Sign the application form and write your name below the signature
- Note – (अभ्यावेदन तीन प्रतियों में प्रस्तुत किया जाये) Make 3 copies of the application and documents to send the application form
Note – Keep a copy of your application form and documents to yourself for future references
Step 3 – Collect all documents and attach them to the documents. Make 3 copies of the whole submission form. Submit all documents and applications by post or by visiting this address.
Address of the Electricity Ombudsman Office of UPERC:
Address – Electricity Ombudsman, 3rd Floor,
New & Renewable Energy Development Agency (NEDA),
Vidyut Niyamak Bhawan, Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010.
Phone No – +91-522-2720856
E-mail – [email protected]
Use this address to submit your appeal to the Ombudsman office of UPERC.
Trusted Source – Click out Ombudsman Office, UPERC
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where can I approach if I am facing an error issue while submitting an online complaint to UPPCL?
A. If you are facing any type of error or issue while submission of an online form, you can call on UPPCL customer care number 1912 anytime 24×7. You can get assistance on this helpline number.
Q. Where Can I Lodge a Complaint Against the final decision of the regional Discom under UPPCL?
A. You can lodge a grievance to the Electricity Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, UPERC at your regional CGRF office of UPPCL’s Discom. You approach CGRF if your complaint is not resolved/ is pending more than 30 days, or unsatisfied with the final redressal of the complaint.
Q. Where appeal against the final decision on the grievance by the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF), UPPCL?
A. If your grievance is not redressed or unsatisfied with the final resolution, You can file a petition or appeal to Electricity Ombudsman Office, UPERC. To appeal in the Ombudsman office, you can follow the steps and application form that is given above in brief detail.
Q. How much time does CGRF, and UPERC take to give the final decision on the submitted grievance?
A. Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, UPERC gives its final decision within 100 days on the submitted grievances by any consumer of UPPCL. If your grievance is not resolved, you can approach to Ombudsman Office, UPERC.
Q. What are the documents required to lodge a grievance in the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum, UPPCL?
A. Required documents to lodge a grievance in the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum:
- Copy of the Latest Electricity Bill or Old (If required)
- Copy of identity Proof
- Copy of the Address Proof
- Copy of Electricity Connection Certificate (Or Ownership Certificate)
- Copy of Supportive Documents and Certificate
- Copy of all the attached documents and application
- Complaint Reference Number
Q. What are the compulsory documents required to file a successful petition/appeal to Electricity Ombudsman Office, UPERC?
A. Required Documents to file a petition/appeal to Electricity Ombudsman Office, UPERC:
- Copy of Identity Proof, Address (Ownership Proof)
- Copy of All the Documents and Application that is submitted in the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) of UPPCL
- Copy of Supportive Documents (Proofs, Certificate, Photo, any other facts)
- 3 Copies of the petition/appeal form and also 3 copies of the attached documents